Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 11:52 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times

Advertisements

There is 3 condos near each other own by 3 different property managers.

I walk my dog on the grass instead of the pavement and pick up after him. I knew eventually be an issue. Go in to the other condo to walk the dog as well on the grass. They have designated dog walking areas and one sign for a piece of property to avoid walking dogs on. I abide by that. I usually do a quick walk up the hill between these 2 rows of condos at times then back to the condos where we live.

There are a few dogs and usually will avoid the area if the dogs are barking. Didn't catch that one of the dogs was on the porch. The porches are suspended a story above ground. I was on the opposite side. There dog went beszerk. Dog remained in control surprising.

The owner of the dog and condo afterwards kept trying to get my attention. Figure to let me know not to walk back there. I ignored the person kept going. Just going to avoid the whole area in general and walk in the other condos that go towards the park.

Feel it is the condo property managers property and not the condo ownerso property. If there are no signs I would walk on it, but if there was a sign I would respect it.

Like I said going to avoid that condo too many dogs and want to avoid trouble.

Appreciate any insight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 12:03 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Your post is very confusing. Are you walking on private property and feel you are entitled to because it is a rented condo?

Old 09-23-2016, 12:28 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,966 times
I live in a condo community and everyone walks their dogs around, beside and behind the buildings all the time. Sometimes I am out on my deck (also a second floor deck) with my dogs and someone will walk by with their dog and mine will go berserk. Sometime I will walk my dogs past someone's deck where a dog is outside and their dog will go berserk. It happens and it's never been a problem for anyone at all.

I guess this is one of those things that can probably be very different from community to community. Has anyone complained? If not, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:47 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Your post is very confusing. Are you walking on private property and feel you are entitled to because it is a rented condo?
Do you mean that you are walking on the private property of the other condo complexes?

While it was never a huge problem it would sometimes be irritating for people in our neighborhood to walk their dogs, ride their bikes or jog on our private street, walk on our lawn, etc. It is not public property but owned by the owners of the condos in the complex.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:59 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
I'm not sure that I understand your post - it's very confusing - but ultimately the only place you have the right to walk your dog is on your property. You need to stay on the property of the condo where you rent/own or go to a public park.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:03 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times
Think that's where people get confused. Your property extends to where your porch ends and then it's the condo management property no longer the property of the condo owner. I assume so.

Last edited by RunD1987; 09-23-2016 at 01:20 PM..

Old 09-23-2016, 01:14 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,929,395 times
You are assuming too many things.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:37 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,431,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Think that's where people get confused. Your property extends to where your porch ends and then it's the condo management property no longer the property of the condo owner. I assume so.
That is generally how the ownership structure of the condo works...You own from the walls in.

There are always those, in every community, of every ownership structure, that keeps on with a "GET OFF MY LAWN" mentality.

Old 09-23-2016, 01:41 PM

5,742 posts, read 4,697,306 times
Is this the way millennials talk/write?

In sentence fragments and with no punctuation?

You do know that you can use more than 140 characters, right?

Old 09-23-2016, 02:36 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Not really. I lived in condos for the majority of my adult life (35 years). While your private property extends to the middle of the wall, and your semi-private or limited property may be your deck or porch or driveway.

However, all condo owners (and I am assuming renters) share the common property. It is not "owned' by the management company it is owned by the condo owners (at least in my state).

My last condo had 17 owners. We ALL owned every square inch of the lawns, every tree, every shrub, and our private street. We all owned it together. We all could use the lawns and the streets. However, it was common curtesy not to walk our dogs too close to someone else's unit (like a foot in front of their front door) even though we had the legal right to do that.

Are you talking about three different condo complexes or three different individual units in one condo complex? wow, I'm really confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate