Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 09:08 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,146 times

Advertisements

We have the moving Co coming Mon so we are doing some serious packing.We got two calls last night for two showings one at 11 to 12 and 12 to 1pm. Fine all the boxes are now in neat stackes in different rooms and we planed to start again after the last showing.Everything looks neat (great). Woke up this morning with weather alerts and bad storms and we now have a bit of flooding plus can't put the dogs out side since they are afraid of thunder. It is now 11 and it is still pouring.
Please keep your fingers crossed that maybe this is a good sign and we will get an offer since everything else is going against us this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 10:28 AM

965 posts, read 4,498,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
We have the moving Co coming Mon so we are doing some serious packing.We got two calls last night for two showings one at 11 to 12 and 12 to 1pm. Fine all the boxes are now in neat stackes in different rooms and we planed to start again after the last showing.Everything looks neat (great). Woke up this morning with weather alerts and bad storms and we now have a bit of flooding plus can't put the dogs out side since they are afraid of thunder. It is now 11 and it is still pouring.
Please keep your fingers crossed that maybe this is a good sign and we will get an offer since everything else is going against us this weekend.
Aarrrggghhhh! Hoping this turns into one of those against all odds stories!

PS: Thunder bumpers? Are you in the south?

Old 02-23-2008, 10:44 AM

376 posts, read 1,505,349 times
I always like to think if a buyer comes through on a rainy day, they are serious about buying a home!

Best of luck!

Old 02-23-2008, 10:51 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,894,254 times
Smile. You have buyers coming. Anyone coming out in the pouring rain is motivated, trust me. And...they're probably dog lovers too. Have a safe uneventful move.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo View Post
Aarrrggghhhh! Hoping this turns into one of those against all odds stories!

PS: Thunder bumpers? Are you in the south?
Yes we are in Fla. We also just got another call for a second showing tomorrow at 10 am when all the boxes for our clothes will be down on the floor and all the other boxes done today will be scattered about.We also have to get to Tampa tomorrow to pick up my brother in law and sister in law who will be flying in from NH to go up to NC with us. They will be driving my Car back up.
Never again will we do this.

Last edited by lorriem; 02-23-2008 at 04:04 PM..

Old 02-23-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kturbe View Post
I always like to think if a buyer comes through on a rainy day, they are serious about buying a home!

Best of luck!
Thank you but it does seem that when we plan on doing something here in FL about the the selling of the house many things go wrong. Not what was planned.
I had it all planned to pack this weekend and on Weds the day after we leave have my cleaning lady do a move out clean for us but I am packing one room and then cleaning it. Every room that we pack doing the same even though I know I will be cleaning again tomorrow morning.
We also are keeping some items here for when we have to come back down again in March and then in May. I keep telling hubby don't pack this or that we can get it when we come back down and he is saying what happens if we sell the house before then? I feel if I say it often enough the house will sell because I am making plans again.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:52 PM

All the showings went great and we had one more at 5 this evening.Two of the showings were 2nd showings from last week. I do so hope we get an offer. Moving Van will be here tomorrow and off we go Tuesday.Time does fly. It would be great if we had an offer in hand.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:10 PM

965 posts, read 4,498,552 times
Quote:
All the showings went great and we had one more at 5 this evening.Two of the showings were 2nd showings from last week. I do so hope we get an offer. Moving Van will be here tomorrow and off we go Tuesday.Time does fly. It would be great if we had an offer in hand.
Goodness! The rain certainly seems to be bring them out down in your area. Good luck!

Old 02-25-2008, 08:30 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,019,473 times
Quote:
WOW lorriem good luck to you! My gosh all these showings while your trying to box everything up. Maybe you should have packed a lot sooner. Gosh maybe I'll start boxing up everything.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingatwork View Post
WOW lorriem good luck to you! My gosh all these showings while your trying to box everything up. Maybe you should have packed a lot sooner. Gosh maybe I'll start boxing up everything.
I think that is the answer. Today while the movers were here a realtor called and wanted a showing for tomorrow night so as each room was loaded on the truck hubby and I cleaned the rooms.We had asked the realtor to come on weds since my cleaning lady was going to clean the house Weds morning but it had to be tomorrow.We are beat.
When the movers were almost through our realtor called and said she had an offer for us also finally. The offer is ok but she wants to much for closing so we just countered. While we were talking to the realtor about the offer she showed up with her daughter to show her the house. What a day.
Since she hasn't signed anything re our counter I feel OK having the other showing tomorrow.
We have to be on the road early tomorrow and we just started our packing but I am still leaving some furniture and food here just in case. Forgot to add she also wants to close in a month on the 26th.
Fingers crossed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate