Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 08:54 AM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
The other house has been on market 82 days.

We did price based on comps, which were almost nonexistent.
. . . and where do you feel your price is in relation to the comps? Higher? Lower? Even? What is the average days on market for a house in your area? Are you in a seller's or a buyer's market or a balanced market?

The fact that you're priced lower than a house that no one has bought in 82 days doesn't really say much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Realtors LOVE to price high so if you want that quick sale I'd go lower. Btw, I'm not a realtor.
This might be the most inaccurate statement I've ever read on this website. It's not the agents who like to price high. It's the homeowners who love to price high. They all think that somehow that if you raise the asking price that it magically also raises the market value of the house.

Quote:
Ugh...I hated when I sold a home and the agents called me directly to set up appointments. I feel that's part of the agents job to deal with the other agents. Our last home we just sold my agent had them contact her and she would just text me. It was great!
I couldn't agree more. Every time I have to call a homeowner to setup an appointment I think "what exactly is this agent getting paid for?" as they don't seem to be doing even the smallest task like coordinating appointments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 08:58 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,933,690 times
Quote:
Ugh...I hated when I sold a home and the agents called me directly to set up appointments. I feel that's part of the agents job to deal with the other agents. Our last home we just sold my agent had them contact her and she would just text me. It was great!
I agree. I would never set up a listing so that my client had to be bothered by every agent trying to schedule a showing.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:11 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
. . . and where do you feel your price is in relation to the comps? Higher? Lower? Even? What is the average days on market for a house in your area? Are you in a seller's or a buyer's market or a balanced market?

The fact that you're priced lower than a house that no one has bought in 82 days doesn't really say much.

This might be the most inaccurate statement I've ever read on this website. It's not the agents who like to price high. It's the homeowners who love to price high. They all think that somehow that if you raise the asking price that it magically also raises the market value of the house.

I couldn't agree more. Every time I have to call a homeowner to setup an appointment I think "what exactly is this agent getting paid for?" as they don't seem to be doing even the smallest task like coordinating appointments.
I feel like I am priced lower that the comps, but there has not been many sold recently. Most have sold with garages, which is not a comp, for $20-$30k more than mine is listed.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I agree. I would never set up a listing so that my client had to be bothered by every agent trying to schedule a showing.
The agent is scheduling showings. I get them on an app. I can decline them or ask to change times, but the house is vacant and available all the time.

I sent a text asking the average DOM but have not yet got an answer

Old 10-27-2016, 09:44 AM

Response from agent.

The average dom in county is 100. This year in neighborhood the days were 1, 6, 7, 8, 10, 19, 21, 23, 27, 28, 90, 126, 164, 196. So the median is about 3 weeks, much quicker than average!!

Old 10-27-2016, 12:08 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,729,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Just out of curiosity, what makes you believe this?
I ask because one of the more common accusations thrown out about real estate agents is that we like to price properties LOW, sacrificing a few thousand dollars of the seller's money in order to get it sold faster.
Our property we just sold was in the Chicago land area. The realtors here like to price real high and then cut the price every couple of weeks. Gives false hope to sellers and then offers come in $30k less. It's crazy, but that's how it works here. You very rarely get asking price. Sold price does end up typically at market value though.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:10 PM

8,547 posts, read 14,012,666 times
Quote:
Response from agent.

The average dom in county is 100. This year in neighborhood the days were 1, 6, 7, 8, 10, 19, 21, 23, 27, 28, 90, 126, 164, 196. So the median is about 3 weeks, much quicker than average!!
In my experience, you get the most showings in the first two weeks you're on the market. There's an existing pool of buyers out there and when a new listing comes on the market they all take a look. Once the initial wave of interest goes away then you have to wait for new buyers to come into the market to get more showings or you can lower the price to introduce the property to new buyers who are shopping at a lower price point.

If you don't have any showings in the first week, you're probably priced too high.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:32 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:
Condition is spotless. Spent 23 days renovating so it looked like a brand spanking new house.
Excellent, I wish more sellers were like you. I think you will sell quickly since you are working hard and paying attention.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePRU View Post
In my experience, you get the most showings in the first two weeks you're on the market. There's an existing pool of buyers out there and when a new listing comes on the market they all take a look. Once the initial wave of interest goes away then you have to wait for new buyers to come into the market to get more showings or you can lower the price to introduce the property to new buyers who are shopping at a lower price point.

If you don't have any showings in the first week, you're probably priced too high.
It was listed Tuesday and we have had two showings. One on wed and one on Thursday.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:55 AM

Got feedback from two showings.

1st- house shows well, great layout, priced just right, but the neighbors yard is an eyesore.

2nd- house shows well, priced to high, very interested, didn't mention the neighbors yard.

I called tee HOA to see if they can do anything with the neighbors mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate