Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 04:06 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
They ARE actual buyers. They just don't want to buy your house at the asking price (or anything close to asking).

Those 18 people hired a realtor to show them homes. Those 18 people AND their realtor invested their time into looking at your home and, I'm quite sure, looked at other homes. I'm betting that at least half of those 18 people have made offers on other homes that they looked at. Heck, some have probably closed and have moved into their new homes by now.

It's a funny thing about feedback; Most people in this world want to be nice. They don't enjoy hurting someone's feelings. Even when it's a stranger who is selling a house. Hence, feedback is often complete BSC.

Or, perhaps, your realtor isn't reporting honestly the feedback to you? I could easily imagine several scenarios where it might be making her look even more incompetent than she already looks.

18 showings in almost 3 months is not a good turnout IMO; however, you did have it on the market during the holidays so traffic is typically slower. PLEASE ; listen to the feedback and get your realtor to put on new pics. That's what you're paying them for. You shouldn't have to do it. Make them do open houses. It wouldn't hurt. Showings should be picking up. If there not, then you still have an issue with price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 05:56 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,645,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
No understand the need...just curious as to why OP is doing the hiring/paying for it?
I am not paying my friend who does professional photography. The person is close to us has a great business and is helping me out.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
is that Electric Heat I spy...it says Baseboard...but not whether it is hot water, or Electric Baseboard......

I know it is painted...and new floors, but that house screams 70's and ugly. There is just something "off"--like maybe just the dark green trim/counters and the oak cabinets.

Whose idea was it to do the "upgrades" rather than just sell it?

Price changes....assuming you are priced correctly to begin with......5% after a few months; another 5% after a few more months. Stay put down 10% and see where the bids show up and start the negotiation.

The first thing you need when selling a house is a buyer. Once you have a buyer, you discuss price. Those two processes are often merged, but in reality, they are discreet.
No it's hot water base board heat with natural gas heating that comes in from the street.

The house was built in 1992. The "green" was added after 1999 because I found I couldn't live with gray formica counters with the oak cabinets. It's hurt my eyes. The oak cabinets I put in above the breakfast bar are top of the line with the glass front cabinets.

We had to replace the carpets. So we know people in this area prefer hardwoods. We put them in and are fully enjoying them until we leave.

If I were to "upgrade the kitchen", I'd be building out another 12 feet by 24 feet of pre-added space that was already to go. But why do I want to sink that type of money in for some one to hate it? It makes no sense.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:02 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingMom View Post
I am not paying my friend who does professional photography. The person is close to us has a great business and is helping me out.
Why didn't she help you out months ago, when you first listed the house?

Old 01-09-2017, 10:47 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,490,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
No understand the need...just curious as to why OP is doing the hiring/paying for it?
That's a good question. When I sold my condo 2 years ago, my realtor paid for the pictures.

Old 01-10-2017, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Why didn't she help you out months ago, when you first listed the house?
Because I didn't think we'd needed to have a professional photographer to do the listing pictures originally. And it was during the peak of wedding season.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:01 AM

245 posts, read 291,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingMom View Post
The oak cabinets I put in above the breakfast bar are top of the line with the glass front cabinets.
i dont know if any one else has mentioned it but i would consider removing those cabinets above the bar. they close off the kitchen too much and dont help the space feel like an "open floor plan"

Old 01-10-2017, 06:21 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,338,219 times
It really is too late to make any major changes. Do not sink more money into this house.

I keep hoping that this thread gets bumped because it finally sold but sadly it hasn't. I feel bad for you, CampingMom. This has to be frustrating as hell.

I have a feeling it may just be the timing. Wrong time of year to sell a house. Especially ones suited for families. They don't like uprooting kids in the middle of a school year.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:51 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times
I know timing can't always be helped, but the best time to sell is in the spring. Families wasn't to move right after kids get out of school and before the new year starts.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:54 AM

14,249 posts, read 14,737,232 times
Camping

Do you have central AC? If not, any feedback on that issue? I for one would never look at a house that did not have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate