U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 12:22 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,011,080 times

Advertisements

So so glad the saga is complete and that it finally closed! Enjoy life in your new house ♡
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 03:48 PM

11,766 posts, read 10,008,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
And, in continuing demonstration of the listing agent's ineptitude, Realtor.com says: pending. 7 days after the closing.
Sale is done. She's paid. Think she cares?

Last edited by Marka; 04-20-2017 at 05:08 AM..

Old 04-08-2017, 07:57 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,354,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Sale is done. She's paid. Think she cares?
The broker DID do the changes. It's all up to the MLS in our area to get it done. They have always been HABITUALLY SLOW. Stop blaming her. She's busted her tail to get this all done. It was a nightmare. I DO blame the transplants who bought homes and left us with 43 foreclosures/auctions within a 2 mile radius. They cost me money. WHY because they couldn't afford the home they bought and bailed. At least my was fully paid off.

Now I have one with no mortgage again. End of story. Some of you come off as armchair quarterbacks and know better about everything. All of us did it right. I know we did. And I've seen crappier stuff out there than what we did with pictures and the listing.

Thank GOD it'll be over my dead body the next sale. Done and over with.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:36 AM

5,015 posts, read 6,782,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingMom View Post
The broker DID do the changes. It's all up to the MLS in our area to get it done. They have always been HABITUALLY SLOW. Stop blaming her. She's busted her tail to get this all done. It was a nightmare. I DO blame the transplants who bought homes and left us with 43 foreclosures/auctions within a 2 mile radius. They cost me money. WHY because they couldn't afford the home they bought and bailed. At least my was fully paid off.

Now I have one with no mortgage again. End of story. Some of you come off as armchair quarterbacks and know better about everything. All of us did it right. I know we did. And I've seen crappier stuff out there than what we did with pictures and the listing.

Thank GOD it'll be over my dead body the next sale. Done and over with.
Well, come on, in our defense, you did come on here asking whether you should drop your price. Then you posted the listing. Of course you're going to get feedback, from people who either know from experience or are conjecturing on why your house is not selling. The criticism of your realtor was mainly because of the pitiful photos and her suggestion to put the house on the market before the new floors were in. That was valid.

In the end, it all came down to price -- when you lowered it to something realistic, it sold! But yes, it does suck when foreclosures end up dragging down the comps for your home.

Old 04-12-2017, 05:00 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,354,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Well, come on, in our defense, you did come on here asking whether you should drop your price. Then you posted the listing. Of course you're going to get feedback, from people who either know from experience or are conjecturing on why your house is not selling. The criticism of your realtor was mainly because of the pitiful photos and her suggestion to put the house on the market before the new floors were in. That was valid.

In the end, it all came down to price -- when you lowered it to something realistic, it sold! But yes, it does suck when foreclosures end up dragging down the comps for your home.
Yes, but armchair quarterbacks from states that haven't got a CLUE about NYS seem to be godly gurus. I did ask for feed back. I made a HUGE mistake by giving access to listing as these bottom feeders thought it a game and would book appointments or giving me prank phone calls. Yeah I have a attitude about it. I asked the moderator to pull it, they would not. SO not only did I get steamed about some of the incredibly rude comments, but I was harassed by people who had WAY to much time on their hands.

I am glad it's over. We lost a great home. It's a full on bedroom community to NYC. Commuters galore. We built it with the thought we'd stay there and pass it onto our kids. But 9/11 happened and my area went to the doghouse with transplants fleeing NYC/LI. They brought our taxes there through the roof. No one in their right mind can justify it either.

Harp all you all want about the pictures. I've seen WAY worse out there. Or NONE at all. My agent is one of the best out there in our area. We decided to go back to her even though her business wasn't quite off the ground yet. She's got the experience and know how.

And it wasn't a realistic price. I just got tired of wasted days out of our house for no shows-again probably through this site. Which wasted a LOT of everyone's time. It appraised at 300K. Didn't get anywhere near it. But what ever. It's over, done and I have a house here again with no mortgage. That's all that mattered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate