Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 07:24 AM

19 posts, read 73,669 times

Advertisements

House on the market for 2 weeks and no showings, with the market the way it is , is this typically or do we need to talk to our realtor? We don't have alot of money to invest in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 07:33 AM

333 posts, read 1,063,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkitp1209 View Post
House on the market for 2 weeks and no showings, with the market the way it is , is this typically or do we need to talk to our realtor? We don't have alot of money to invest in it.
I've had mine on the market since May of '07...
I think you need to give it a weeeeeeeee bit more time.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:33 AM

54 posts, read 182,647 times
Default same here

Hi Nikki,

I'm in the same boat as you. It's been 2 weeks and no one has come to see. I'm guessing it will take time. It has only been 2 weeks. Some people have gone months without one showing. Try to stay positive. That's all we can do at this point. Are you in a hurry to sell?

Old 02-28-2008, 07:41 AM

We have to move out by January, but this was our 2nd home and the other one was in Alabama.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:23 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,311,639 times
lol-agents can't perform miracles...they can only advertise, list it at a good price (which they usually have to talk the seller into) and market. No showings in two weeks is not a big deal...Now if you don't have any in 2 or 3 months, then that may be...Could be the agent or could be price.
Nothing against you, but people are so quick to blame their agents in this market when in fact a lot of the time it is price or just the market being in the dumps. Lets give them the benefit of the doubt. (I am not an agent...And I did fire my first agent after 3 months and only 1 showing...the second agent got the job done but it took her almost 3 months to get it sold but we did have a lot of showings with her b/c she advertised the heck out of it, held a ton of open houses, and gave us the real deal in terms of price...we dropped $30K!)

Old 02-28-2008, 08:49 AM

I wasn't blaming the agent , when I said "talk to our agent", what I mean't was get feed back on his opinion of why we were not getting any showings. As far as the price, our agent set it. When we sold our 1st house back in Alabama, we went through a relocation company (my husband's job did relocation). So I didn't know if it was good, bad or normal for the market now that we haven't had any showings.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:58 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,019,473 times
Quote:
I wasn't blaming the agent , when I said "talk to our agent", what I mean't was get feed back on his opinion of why we were not getting any showings. As far as the price, our agent set it. When we sold our 1st house back in Alabama, we went through a relocation company (my husband's job did relocation). So I didn't know if it was good, bad or normal for the market now that we haven't had any showings.
sadly it's normal. I was on the market almost a month before i had my first showing. i've been on 2 months now and have had a total of 3 showings and 5 open houses (with something like 12 couples attending total). not much activity.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:15 AM

Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:31 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,717,585 times
Quote:
. As far as the price, our agent set it. .
According to agents here, they don't set the price, you do.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:47 AM

336 posts, read 864,106 times
give it some time. we have been on the market since Nov and only 3 showings. the first came in january and the other 2 this month. The last complained about the color of my dining room due to the fact they have an autistic child. They had to of seen pics of our house online. Hopefully with nice weather ahead and spring hopefully home sells will pick up, or at least showings will pick up. Im hopeful...just hope to be gone by July.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate