Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 10:56 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,340,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargoman View Post
Lol.....you must have been following the outdoor lighting thread about a month ago. Yes, I ended up installing "dark sky" fixtures and dialed the LED power down from 5000k to 2700k. I am actually liking the toned down and warmer lighting.
Yep I was following that thread. There many threads that I follow yet hardly ever post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 11:04 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargoman View Post
Lol.....you must have been following the outdoor lighting thread about a month ago. Yes, I ended up installing "dark sky" fixtures and dialed the LED power down from 5000k to 2700k. I am actually liking the toned down and warmer lighting.
Good for you, cargoman.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:56 AM

991 posts, read 1,520,526 times
Just a quick update. the attorney said put up a fence.

Yesterday the lady and a new male companion were trying to remove one of the survey pins in the driveway. The police report was updated to reflect yesterday's activity and I sent her an email letting her know there was a police report and that it was illegal to remove survey stakes, and that as a Realtor she should know that. I copied her managing brokers on the email.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:48 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
I suggest you send her your notice via USPS certified mail return receipt requested. That gives you legal proof the notice was served.

Next time the pins go down maybe use some fluorescent spray paint to mark the locations before the "lady" can remove them. That might help. If nothing else it would be interesting to see her down on hands and knees trying to remove the paint. For more fun, take pictures!

I think the idea of putting up a fence is absolutely PERFECT!!! Take documentary pictures before she can mess with the fence, and I have no doubt that once the fence is up she will mess with it too.

I wonder if there is any chance she may drop dead from rabies before this issue is resolved...

By the way, you should consider putting up a full time video surveillance system. That would go well for you if it comes to litigation. Better than photos. Best would be both.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:17 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
If you know the name of the male companion notify him as well that he is engaging in illegal activity and may be named in any enforcement action. Certified letter return receipt requested to them both.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
If you know the name of the male companion notify him as well that he is engaging in illegal activity and may be named in any enforcement action. Certified letter return receipt requested to them both.
I have no idea who the male companion is, which make it even more concerning as I live on my own as a single gal.

Last edited by gray horse; 02-04-2017 at 11:29 AM..

Old 02-04-2017, 12:07 PM

I doubt you are serious enough to do this, but you could get companion's license plate and hire a P.I. to get the car registration data. I am not sure if this is legal. The P.I. would know.

It would be a good idea to at least get the plate number (make, model, etc.) in case the situation takes a turn towards more serious. This will benefit your police report if companion becomes physically involved.

I hate to point out that it appears this situation is trending towards turning more ugly, particularly once you put up a fence. I guarantee the fence will be vandalized. Please consider my suggestion of getting a 24 hour TV surveillance system. (They use infrared illumination and motion detectors to work at night.) Probably all you need is one or two cameras. Many systems are WiFi compatible and cameras need only a place to get electricity.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:09 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,570,522 times
You are in a rural/small community. Ask around. Oregonians are great at 'networking' (aka, inquizitive, nosy and know relationships) in matters such as this.

I agree that cameras are in order. Find a person who knows how to set them up. Costco has camera set-ups on line. Search under Security & Surveillance

Old 02-04-2017, 12:11 PM

Many stores that sell such hardware have installation service for an additional fee, or can refer you to their recommended installer.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
You are in a rural/small community. Ask around. Oregonians are great at 'networking' (aka, inquizitive, nosy and know relationships) in matters such as this.

I agree that cameras are in order. Find a person who knows how to set them up. Costco has camera set-ups on line. Search under Security & Surveillance
I do have security cameras on my house. I will be expanding those.

The woman doesn't live on the property, she lives about 30 minutes away...and she tries to bed any man w/ a pulse. She could have picked up the guy the night before at a bar...she may not even know his full name,

Never have I met a 65 year old woman that is such a $lut. LOL...again as stated before the woman is mentally ill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate