Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2017, 08:31 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,587,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray horse View Post
You can win in small claims court, but getting paid can be a challenge.
Record the judgment on her personally...she can't buy or sell property w/o paying it off. AND can possibly get a lien on her property. She can't buy or sell it w/that lien unpaid...and can't use it as collateral or get an equity loan on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
Where the heck do you live where a teacher would get fired for having a beer? Or holding a shotgun (presumable in a non-threatening manner). Or getting a speeding ticket. Or even getting pregnant, whether or not she's married?

Why is that a "poor personal decision" in an adult woman? Did it ever occur to you that some of us don't want or need the hassle of having the sperm donor hanging about?

Come to think of it, that's probably who's holding the beer, and the shotgun, while driving, and hence getting the speeding ticket.

The actual teacher had nothing to do with it.
You'll have to take that up with the schools. It's their call.

Teachers are held to a higher standard re morals and behavior than some other vocations. Police officers, too. Preachers, too. Day care providers, too.

People going into these fields probably understand that...or soon understand that, if they didn't before.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Let me start with the fact that this survey cost $1200 for one line and couldn't be completed because the neighbor. I took the day off work to accommodate the surveyors. Let me also go over the fact that she manhandled an expensive piece of survey equipment. The surveyor in 20+ years had never had someone throw down his equipment. This is not normal behavior, in fact it is irrational and shows an anger management issue. The police were happy to take a report and issue a case # to protect me. The surveying company may be filing charges as well, and that will be for criminal mischief. If she broke the equipment ($15K) she is looking at possible jail time.

The Realtor's broker was SUPER appreciative that I called. Because the woman is a Realtor, she is supposed to know RE law, and has taken an oath to act in public with high ethics and a moral compass. The surveyors have a right of entry in this state. A Realtor acting this irrational is a huge liability for a RE firm. Also, the Realtor / neighbor sends postcards to me monthly to advertise herself...so in fact the has solicited / engaged me for purposes of RE business...not just contacting me as a neighbor.

As far as the pot growing, it is legal here but there are rules and regulations which she broke and was cited for by the County as she was breaking zoning laws. Now the sheriff is involved, not for the pot growing but for criminal behavior.
You go, girl! (or guy) Her behavior is scary. She's going to rue the day she behaved that way because it's YOU, and you are no shrinking violet. Well done.

Don't let her take your land.

Old 01-16-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Because the seller's DISCLOSED they had a survey and there were no encroachments. But yes, lesson learned don't trust the disclosure statement.
Did they give you the survey for you to look at, along w/the disclosure?

Old 01-17-2017, 05:25 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
You'll have to take that up with the schools. It's their call.

Teachers are held to a higher standard re morals and behavior than some other vocations. Police officers, too. Preachers, too. Day care providers, too.

People going into these fields probably understand that...or soon understand that, if they didn't before.
President of the United States used to fall under this as well, apparently that is no longer the case.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:37 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
President of the United States used to fall under this as well, apparently that is no longer the case.
Hasn't been true since Bill Clinton, really.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:21 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
How does her behavior as a neighbor have any affect on her as a professional? As she was not in a Realtor role, why are you reporting her to her Broker?
Because she owns a home that is encroaching on his property. A good realtor would have fixed that situation. Her failure to do so makes her look bad professionally, too.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:23 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
yes!!! Her managing broker had NO IDEA she was growing weed and up to other shady things...now she does!
Whoa! The plot thickens...

Old 01-17-2017, 09:23 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Hasn't been true since Bill Clinton, really.
Well played.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:39 AM

50,797 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
How does her behavior as a neighbor have any affect on her as a professional? As she was not in a Realtor role, why are you reporting her to her Broker?
THIS^^^ She was not acting as a realtor, she was acting as your crazy neighbor. You have no reason to report her anymore than you would have reason to call the AMA if she were a doctor.

I know you aren't asking for opinions here, but I'd be choosing "happy" over "right" in this case and leaving it be, unless you absolutely must have that area while you're both living there.

You don't know why she reacted that way. Maybe she just came from the doctor and told she has a lump they need to look at further...maybe she lost a sale and can't pay her bills this month, and she saw that guy on her grounds and freaked about how she will have enough to make a new driveway, who knows?

IMO too, it would have solved a lot of issues if you had simply discussed the fact you were hiring a surveyor ahead of time. No you didn't have to, but it would have been the considerate thing to do and maybe it would have gone better than "SURPRISE!!!!" did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate