Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 04:21 PM

473 posts, read 1,737,138 times

Advertisements

Yep.. its time. Its taking a toll on me and my family so thats that. We are off the market now. We have had weekly showings but no offers. Nice feedback but nothing saying we are "on the list". Buyers are not making the moves right now.. they are waiting for something. Not sure what but we have seen the houses we love come and go .. come and go.. come and go. Right now we are honestly unable to say there is a house we would be able to wisely purchase if we sold our home today.

So thats that.. all done. I can now live my life again.. the way I want to.

Amen to that!

Linda

Last edited by NCMommy2-4; 03-03-2008 at 05:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 05:13 PM

237 posts, read 967,553 times
Linda sorry to hear that. I know what you mean I have my days that I want to say forget it all and take mine off to. I have had it on for almost a year. Trying to get out with 2 dogs and a 3 year old 2 times a week stinks. Same thing love the house but no offers. We have a couple that came back for second showing and said they love it but they want to look at one more house to make sure they are making the right decision. Like you said its not like the old days when they made an offer the same day. I wish the best maybe if you give it a few months break and then put it on in May you might get luckier. Mindy

Old 03-03-2008, 05:19 PM

157 posts, read 446,088 times
Linda, I'm sure you feel like a huge burden has been lifted. If we could make that decision I would in a heartbeat. However, we've already moved out of state. Try to relax and enjoy not being stressed about your house!

Old 03-03-2008, 06:53 PM

Thanks guys! We aren't relisting anytime soon. If we sell it will be in 3 yrs at the soonest. We plan to do some improvements in the near future. We didn't HAVE to move.. so thankfully this choice to stop selling was not hard to do. Its actually doing us some good.

Linda

Old 03-03-2008, 07:12 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,070,116 times
You should do some advertising up North (like in NY) where everyone seems to want to move to NC...seriously. It might help you to sell it when you relist.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:37 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,980,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
You should do some advertising up North (like in NY) where everyone seems to want to move to NC...seriously. It might help you to sell it when you relist.
It's called the internet. It works everywhere.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:24 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
Linda...I almost envy you..we just signed a 3 month extension, takes into mid June. If it doesn't sell by then we will take a break...nothing much sells here in the summer anyway, too hot.

Enjoy your home! Put those family pictures and knick knacks back up! Life is too short to live in a model home. that's what I feel we are doing...

Good luck!

Old 03-03-2008, 09:52 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,679,104 times
In another 3 years, Raleigh's suburban sprawl will probably have extended to Willow Springs and your house will have increased drastically in value

Old 03-04-2008, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
In another 3 years, Raleigh's suburban sprawl will probably have extended to Willow Springs and your house will have increased drastically in value
Well then good for us!!! Lets hope that happens and we can make our move then or just stay and enjoy the "good life". Who knows what the future holds anyway. I appreciate the optimism though.

Dogmom-I am working on getting the pics back up. I am hit with a nasty cold right now. I had to fan my eyes to dry my mascara today so I wouldn't sneeze and get black lines on my face LOL I must have sneeze 20 times since getting up at 7 and its barely 9. Ugh. But I can tell you that the beds are made however the rest of the house is already a mess LOL I LOVE IT! I even got to leave my scrapbooking out where I left off. I think that is the best part. I don't have to clean up after I start something new. Just walk away from it and pick up where I left off. Same for the kids stuff.

I will send my prayers for a house sale your way. I hope you get an offer thats good for you and your buyers.

Linda

Old 03-04-2008, 07:30 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Linda...I almost envy you..we just signed a 3 month extension, takes into mid June. If it doesn't sell by then we will take a break...nothing much sells here in the summer anyway, too hot.
Where are you? Nothing here in Pittsburgh Pa sells in the winter and people dont begin to look until summer. (Reason I buy properties in the winter, everyone is selling that has to)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate