Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 05:13 PM

2,509 posts, read 2,496,198 times

Advertisements

Whoa. No I have never heard of that. I have heard of people asking that open houses be stopped upon a signed offer but before attorney review is over. But not that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 05:15 PM

993 posts, read 766,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg1724 View Post
Sooooo....the guy/family that lowballed the offer from yesterday showed up at the open house not once but TWICE telling people that they needed to get out of the house that it was his and that he already put in an offer that was accepted! He would also tell people that he just got off the phone with the seller (me) and that everything was "good". The realtor had to tell him to leave, and the unfortunate part is there were multiple people at the open house! Never a dull moment!! Any realtors out there ever have something like this?
Is this man unbalanced? What does his agent have to say about his stability? I'm not a real estate pro so I don't know much but I've bought several homes. I don't think I'd want to enter into a contract with this particular buyer. This could be a nightmare transaction.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:08 PM

126 posts, read 110,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
Is this man unbalanced? What does his agent have to say about his stability? I'm not a real estate pro so I don't know much but I've bought several homes. I don't think I'd want to enter into a contract with this particular buyer. This could be a nightmare transaction.
Oh agreed! I talked to my agent and said knowing what this person is like characterwise even at a full asking price offer I'd second guess!

Old 02-26-2017, 06:52 PM

3,252 posts, read 2,336,785 times
Open Houses are good for realtors to get new clients but they very rarely sell homes.

Old 02-27-2017, 02:26 AM

9,891 posts, read 11,762,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post
Whoa. No I have never heard of that. I have heard of people asking that open houses be stopped upon a signed offer but before attorney review is over. But not that.
Most states do not have an attorney review. Closings are handled by the Title Company that is handling the issue of the Title Insurance.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:19 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,496,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Most states do not have an attorney review. Closings are handled by the Title Company that is handling the issue of the Title Insurance.
Really? So when you sign, the contract becomes binding right away?

Old 02-27-2017, 02:12 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times
Quote:
All states can have attorney involvement. Attorneys don't work for free. Each party must determine whether they desire to pay for the protections an attorney can provide.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:22 PM

126 posts, read 110,700 times
and today...he left a letter in our mailbox...the saga of this continues!!!

Old 02-27-2017, 07:27 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,733,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg1724 View Post
and today...he left a letter in our mailbox...the saga of this continues!!!

Well, what did it say????? You might need to get the authorities involved if this guy keeps bothering you. Very strange!

Old 02-27-2017, 07:30 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,618,351 times
Quote:
I've owned houses in 2 states and have ALWAYS had my own attorney. Title companies were not involved in any of our closings. I would never trust a title company. They're not looking out for me. You can ALWAYS hire your own attorney and smart people will spend the money. Just like even when you build a brand new house you get an inspection done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate