Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:20 AM

237 posts, read 967,642 times

Advertisements

I need a drink right along with you. i have never drank a day in my life and I was so stressed last week I had a beer!!! I can't believe people come back 4 time. When I bought my other two houses I only went twice. I mean after two times you should know if you like it or not. Why dont they just take pictures of every bit of my house when they are there. I have sold houses in the old days and people did not look 4 times. I had a person come once and she bought it. If I have to clean my house 4 times for one buyer Im gonna scream!!!! Ok can you feel the frustration and the losing of the patience? Mindy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,324 times
Some of these buyers try to find everything wrong to reduce the price, and as in the case of my home NOTHINGS WRONG- so quit wasting ppls time and buy it...if you don't have 440k to spare don't call for a showing numbnutts.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:59 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
This might be a record, digging up a thread that is almost 8 years old.

Old 11-05-2016, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,942 times
Default SELLING a house sucks so bad I never want to buy again!

Ok, maybe I am exaggerating, but it really stinks. Our home is gorgeous but basically it's an upper level home in a working class neighborhood so we can barely break even. Yes, I "really want to sell my home," but lowball offers and hearing nothing back from buyers really stinks especially 2nd or 3rd showings. We are basically thinking of renting our home and not selling because we will end up getting 15K after all the fees if we are lucky, and we put in at least 35k between updates and original loan downpayment, etc. It's been 4 years since we bought. They make selling a house so costly that nobody can afford to buy or sell anymore. We're looking at renting a one bedroom (with a huge dining room or small den) with our 3 year old because it's just ridiculous to spend so much money on a tiny semi-affordable house. It seems all they make are big houses. We have ONE child and don't need a 3 or 4 bedroom huge house. All the 2 bedroom houses in our area seem to have bathrooms on the second floor which sucks with a child! The selling experience is terrible with a young child. Like I said, I'm to the point where I want to permanently rent out our house and just save for a downpayment - maybe sell this house in a decade for cheap and at least get back what we put in with equity and rental payments.

END RANT.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:02 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,061,905 times
Guppy: I hear ya. A year ago I put my home, in a nice area, with great schools, and semi updated on the market. I had 31 showings and not one offer. Not even a low ball offer. Nada. I was so exhausted and tired, and fed up that I decided to just wait. Now here I am again, wanting out of here and the thought of another realtor, another posse tramping through the house makes me want to throw up.

I may try to sell myself this time. Or maybe deal with an investor who will take the house as is and no one will come through it. And these showings are a joke. People need to do a little research before they enter someone's home. If it's not what they are looking for, on the street, they should not enter the front door !!!

Old 11-05-2016, 07:52 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC.ONE View Post
Honestly as a buyer looking at houses. I'm planning on going back a 3rd time. Why? Because I'm buying a house and spending a lot of money and it won't be a snap decisions.

I will also take my time and look at every nook and cranny and I will also be sure to see every other house out there before I put an offer in. Why? Because I can and the ball is in my court now.

Those of you that feel annoyed or inconvenienced must really not want to sell your homes all that bad.
I live in a sellers market and wouldn't put up with a buyer who is unreasonable/too bothersome even before making an offer . . . not that you're necessarily being unreasonable. In my area, condos/single family homes get snatched up pretty quickly, so there's no need for me to put up with a buyer who is being that way. Of course, every location/owner will be different.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:51 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy03 View Post
Ok, maybe I am exaggerating, but it really stinks. Our home is gorgeous but basically it's an upper level home in a working class neighborhood so we can barely break even. Yes, I "really want to sell my home," but lowball offers and hearing nothing back from buyers really stinks especially 2nd or 3rd showings. We are basically thinking of renting our home and not selling because we will end up getting 15K after all the fees if we are lucky, and we put in at least 35k between updates and original loan downpayment, etc. It's been 4 years since we bought. They make selling a house so costly that nobody can afford to buy or sell anymore. We're looking at renting a one bedroom (with a huge dining room or small den) with our 3 year old because it's just ridiculous to spend so much money on a tiny semi-affordable house. It seems all they make are big houses. We have ONE child and don't need a 3 or 4 bedroom huge house. All the 2 bedroom houses in our area seem to have bathrooms on the second floor which sucks with a child! The selling experience is terrible with a young child. Like I said, I'm to the point where I want to permanently rent out our house and just save for a downpayment - maybe sell this house in a decade for cheap and at least get back what we put in with equity and rental payments.

END RANT.

We listed our home in February this year. We had TWO buyers fall through. The first was an investor who was going to give us full price. They wanted to close in 4 weeks. We scrambled to pack and find somewhere to go and 2 days before closing they backed out stating they were buying our home specifically to rent and they didn't like the HOA rules. Really? Should have looked into that before making the offer! The second buyer looked at our home at 11am. They wanted to see it again at 4pm. We went to dinner and when we came back at 6 they were still there with about 12 of their relatives in my house!!! They were all sitting in the dinning room. I had to call my realtor at 8pm to tell her to call that other realtor and tell them they needed to leave as I had 2 children who needed to go to bed. I mean WHAT THE HECK were they doing in my house all that time??? They did actually put in an offer and after going back and fourth we came to an agreement. A week later they backed out! I WAS SO PISSED!!!! Apparently they freaked and decided to stay renting! They were first time home buyers. A week later we had another offer that came in on Easter day! We finally closed on the home in May! Worst selling experience ever! Our realtor was great, but buyers are just so inconsiderate. I mean really.....it's someone else's home until you close. Respect it!

Old 11-06-2016, 07:28 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Guppy: I hear ya. A year ago I put my home, in a nice area, with great schools, and semi updated on the market. I had 31 showings and not one offer. Not even a low ball offer. Nada. I was so exhausted and tired, and fed up that I decided to just wait. Now here I am again, wanting out of here and the thought of another realtor, another posse tramping through the house makes me want to throw up.

I may try to sell myself this time. Or maybe deal with an investor who will take the house as is and no one will come through it. And these showings are a joke. People need to do a little research before they enter someone's home. If it's not what they are looking for, on the street, they should not enter the front door !!!
Classic case of having too high an asking price.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:34 AM

525 posts, read 660,541 times
We did a couple of 2nd looks on houses, but that's because the first look was only me and my realtor, as my husband was at work. Once I shortlisted the houses he should see, we went back for a second look on 2. One was empty, other was owner occupied. He ended up not liking either.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:17 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,702,413 times
When we looked at houses, the two second showings we had were for houses that we liked a lot but layouts did not match what we wanted. The second viewings were to see if we could modify it without big expense or headache. In one case, the answer was no, due to structural reasons. The other case, possibly, but the house needed enough repair that the total cost to buy, repair, and modify or add on was too high.

In other words, a second showing did indicate great interest in buying, and the second time was to find out if we could "make it work."

On the other side of the equation, we had one person come back for a second (actually, a third) showing. He made an offer but did not get approved for financing. So, yes, these showings also indicated desire to buy. Unfortunately, they did not result in a closed sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate