Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 12:39 PM

2 posts, read 25,622 times

Advertisements

Sometimes just want to do a simple drive-by of a property after doing search from an MLS. However the results typically don't include street address. So all of the time I have to engage a realtor to help me just to locate the listing property which I found myself online.

Is there a way to find out the address of the MLS listing for a drive-by with out actually committing to a realtor?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 01:03 PM

991 posts, read 4,617,855 times
If you know the real estate the home is listed with, there should be a map or locate the property feature, sometimes it you are not able to get the exact address but it will show you the name of the street it is on, then just mapquest the street and you can get directions, it might take a little driving around but if you know what the outside of the house looks like you probably can at least see what it looks like.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:13 PM

4 posts, read 37,646 times
Try Trulia - Real Estate, Homes For Sale, Sold Properties, Real Estate Maps. The listings are based on a map of the area and most (but not all) of the listings have the street address. I have found it very informative. Good Luck.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:05 PM

77 posts, read 430,077 times
I just checked out a house on the MLSLI and it gives an option to "map the property" - so it showed the street but not the address. I think you could drive by and locate it after getting at least the street. I also think you could call the realtor and just flat out ask for the address and say you just want to drive by. If they are not willing to help then you can move on to a realtor who will. I don't think you are committing yourself to any realtor unless you sign a document stating you agree to let them represent you as the buyer's agent; however, why would anyone ever sign anything like that anyway? Please don't get locked into a realtor OR just check the MLS - don't forget us FSBO's - we want you to look at our houses too !

Old 06-19-2007, 05:15 PM

142 posts, read 811,142 times
register with Yahoo real estate and it gives you the street address for each listing.
Joanne

Old 06-20-2007, 06:49 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,326,964 times
It does seem kind of silly to hold the address back, I don't know why that happens. Try different realtor's web-sites. Some will show the MLS# with an address while others won't. You can always find it.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:00 PM

66 posts, read 295,174 times
I don't know where you are looking but the counties served by the Greater Hudson Valley MLS service are unable to display property addresses alongside the MLS numbers. I called, I complained and no one listened. The short answer from my MLS was: There isn't a demand for it so we aren't adding it. When I asked how to fix it I was given an even shorter answer: GFY. So until the MLS board changes it's ways don't expect a lot of MLS' to display property addresses.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 15,804 times
What I did when I needed to find a address is simply google the MLS number.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:02 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times
Each local MLS determines to publish addresses, or not.

Occasionally a seller in an area that publishes, requests that the address not be published.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:32 AM

359 posts, read 1,119,292 times
No address??? So do they want to sell the house or not???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate