Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2017, 01:49 PM

2,026 posts, read 3,345,213 times

Advertisements

Nothing yet...

Saw someone stop and take pics of the house next door that is going into foreclosure...

Ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Just a vent - a shock we had riding down the road today. This one was listed about 10 days ago, i think, and is already "Under Contract." *sigh* On our road, about a mile down, and with my agent.

YES it's all redone, YES it looks new, and YES it has the famous open floor plan. Less square footage above-ground than mine, but it has a basement. At least one of the BRs is smaller than mine. Only one BA. No fireplaces, less acreage. Asking price $215,000. I cant wait to see what it sold for.

https://www.estately.com/listings/in...esburg-road--1
It sold for $200K.

I signed on for 6 more months, and we're going to lower the price after Jan. 1 (my decision). Down into the $170s. I hate to go that low - but i cannot keep pouring my money into these property taxes every quarter.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:17 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,031,434 times
I just sold my house in CA after almost 6 months. In my case I choose the wrong realtor. She quit after signing the agreement with me and I was assigned another new realtor who then was fired and then I got assigned another realtor. The last two NEVER walked into the house. They just wanted to lower the price. Or sell the listing to another realty company.

But it did sell eventually. After I had given up! I was just waiting for the listing to expire so I could go with my second choice realtor.

DON'T GIVE UP!

Old 11-26-2017, 05:39 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,184 times
I think you could benefit from a little landscaping in the front and better photos.

Old 11-26-2017, 07:25 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Nothing yet...

Saw someone stop and take pics of the house next door that is going into foreclosure...

Ugh.
You never know, that may of been the lender sending someone out to take photos

Old 12-12-2017, 05:49 PM

How is everyone's house-selling going?

33 showings since May 19 - and just one LOW offer.

Probably will drop the price again in the first week of January.

After one of the last showings i saw that it had been someone from my Realtor's team. (the new showing service doesnt tell you who is coming, but she left her card) I reached out to her by email and asked her if we could do anything to better show the house or make changes. She said no, it was very cute and cozy. She said the wife really liked it - but the husband either wanted a garage or basement. (Yes, that can be found in the listing, but i guess they came to see it "just in case.") I know that is a minus - and have known it all along.

She lives in my town and said she's keeping it in mind to show others. So - at least she didnt tell me it smelled like dog (I hope she would if it did), or that she saw other problems. We really do try very hard before a showing to get it 'just so.'

Wish me luck in the new year.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:15 PM

227 posts, read 257,915 times
Jellybean, our house is still on the market as well, since July. I knew it'd take a while but feeling the pain along with you. The only upside is we aren't living there so not having to deal with showings. The downside is we're not living there and our home owners insurance opted to not renew as it is now 'vacant' so we'll be dealing with that after the holidays.

Hope we both get good news soon!

Old 12-13-2017, 09:32 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
I got so excited when I saw there was an update. Sigh....

Hang in there Jellybean!

Old 12-14-2017, 06:49 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,814,454 times
Jellybean, we put my dad's lake house on the market in April 2016. We knew it would take 2-3 months to sell because the majority of people who buy there are buying a vacation home. All three agents we interviewed mentioned that time period. We had some showings and one very low ball offer (my dad didn't HAVE to sell it, he owned it outright). I kept asking the agent to get some feedback on the showings. She kept telling me that nobody had anything negative to say. Out of the showings, about half were by one specific agent and she told our agent that she just loved the house and that's why she kept showing it (one of her buyers was our low ball offer).

When the listing expired, that agent contacted my dad. She came up with a game plan of things she felt needed to be done to make the house more marketable. So we had some wood replaced around the windows, had the entire house and boat house painted (I let her choose the color because she had a vision of what she felt it needed to look like), she scheduled landscapers for me (I lived 4.5 hours away) to interview and I laid out a plan for the landscaping. She had my dad send her the checks for the contractors so she could verify the work was done to her satisfaction before paying them. The house was ready to go on the market in May 2017. It went under contract once, which fell through and then again 2 days later with one of her buyers. It closed in July 2017.

A good agent is worth their weight in gold! Unfortunately, the first agent sold herself, but couldn't sell a house (she also took pics before the house was ready just so she could get pictures on the internet, worst pics ever!). The second agent not only sold herself, she knew what needed to be done to sell the house and she wasn't afraid to work!

I keep checking back to see if your house has sold. I am sorry it's taking so long. Could you consider listing with a different agent when your listing expires? You may just need a new set of (critical) eyes to look things over and give you some ideas. I think your house is adorable! I also knew my dad's lake house was fabulous. It just took a new set of eyes to really look at it and make some suggestions.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:19 PM

Thank you.

The other listing service had a "feedback" email that came after the showings - if they wanted to fill it out. The new service doesnt. Most that we got said the people wanted an open floor plan, or bigger bedrooms, garage, those types of things. OR a bigger yard or smaller yard!

So I have gotten feedback - both good and bad - before. I will keep updating. Will be lowering in the price after Jan. 2.

Good luck to the others still selling also!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate