Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 11:08 AM

14,483 posts, read 12,107,650 times

Advertisements

Good luck! Fingers crossed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2018, 11:17 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Fingers crossed for you, I really hope this is your buyer!

Old 01-24-2018, 11:29 AM

2,035 posts, read 3,350,353 times
You all are a great help, and helped me try to relax last nite and think.

I have a "partner/" husband - but the house is mine and he always tells ME to make the final decisions lol

Old 01-24-2018, 11:54 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
You should ask this question in the realtor forum so you get accurate answers. I don't know Jelly.. but it seems to me your agent isn't exactly on your side. They should be more helpful in guiding you as to what to do.
in the case where it is considered "true dual agency" (which I can only imagine is going to catch a certain someone's attention).... we cannot tell either client "here's what you should do". "What is customary?" - sure. But what to do on a specific term or this specific situation, no.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:48 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,315,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
in the case where it is considered "true dual agency" (which I can only imagine is going to catch a certain someone's attention).... we cannot tell either client "here's what you should do". "What is customary?" - sure. But what to do on a specific term or this specific situation, no.
What is customary to do in a situation like this? Doesn't she need an agent to write up the counter offer? Can her original agent write it up?

and Good Luck Jelly.. I hope this deal works out for you so you can finally move.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:53 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
she tells her agent what she wants to counter, and he does so. In such a situation, we can communicate, we just can't suggest what they should do.

By the way, one would hope - and maybe with the passage of time it's been forgotten - that the agent spelled out this possibility since he has Buyers' agents on his team.

Old 01-24-2018, 06:56 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,052,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
You all are a great help, and helped me try to relax last nite and think.

I have a "partner/" husband - but the house is mine and he always tells ME to make the final decisions lol
Jelly, do you have a real estate attorney? Ours has been a tremendous help, particularly with this disappointing "dual agency" situation in NJ.

It seems no one is looking out for you.
We need an attorney in NJ to close the deal, you might want to bring yours in early to help negotiate this deal.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:43 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,818,373 times
Fingers crossed! Any news yet?

Old 01-25-2018, 07:19 PM

2,035 posts, read 3,350,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Jelly, do you have a real estate attorney? Ours has been a tremendous help, particularly with this disappointing "dual agency" situation in NJ.

It seems no one is looking out for you.
We need an attorney in NJ to close the deal, you might want to bring yours in early to help negotiate this deal.
I didnt think i'd need an attorney to sell, only to buy. (I know one is not "required.") UGH. I cant afford much more of ANYthing. Not sure what i'll do.

Yes i believe my agent is going to help me with all of the rest, he just couldnt suggest how much i counter etc. He had emailed me the proposal and the sheets showing the buyer's pre-approval. etc. I accepted their second offer and have not heard back since last nite. SLOW as molasses.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:31 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
I didnt think i'd need an attorney to sell, only to buy. (I know one is not "required.") UGH. I cant afford much more of ANYthing. Not sure what i'll do.

Yes i believe my agent is going to help me with all of the rest, he just couldnt suggest how much i counter etc. He had emailed me the proposal and the sheets showing the buyer's pre-approval. etc. I accepted their second offer and have not heard back since last nite. SLOW as molasses.
fantastic!!! I know you won't breathe easy until it's a fully done deal, but this is great! What is your time frame for closing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate