Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 04:09 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,843,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
That's running away, and not a healthy response to dealing with life. Enough said.
But taking a Xanax to deal with stress would be okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 06:13 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,576,544 times
i think i heard in certain states you have 3 days to change your mind.

Old 05-16-2017, 06:23 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
Not for a real estate contract. Now, if you sign a contract for, say, vinyl siding at your home and change your mind, you may have (depending on that state) a 3-day Right of Rescission with proper notification to the company. I did it myself with a company that wanted to install Hardie siding on my house against the manufacturer's recommended installation instructions. I will say that doing so will certainly bring out the shark in a sales rep - they'll promise pretty much anything to keep the sale. Didn't work with me though.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:21 PM

772 posts, read 914,227 times
OP where are you?

Old 05-16-2017, 07:26 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,733,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
Only for refinancing primary residences. Purchase, investment refinances, or second home refinances do not have rescission periods. I believe that goes for all 50 states and DC. I've dealt with properties in 48 states plus DC, and I know it is the same for all 49 of them. I've never dealt with New York or Texas.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:25 PM

510 posts, read 716,794 times
My partner did the same thing, wanted to get our earnest money back, worried that it was a bad neighborhood because there was a lingerie store on the next street, blah blah blah.

Now we love the house, our neighborhood totally rocks (it is a short street and people know each other) and it was just buyer's panic.(dog loves the yard too!)

Old 05-16-2017, 08:50 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckeeesmom View Post
He mentioned he is using a dual agent who is working for the seller and for him.

He mentioned he is using a dual agent who is working for the seller. PERIOD

Fixed it for you.

Op go get a a attorney because right now they are killing you. The agent is NOT working for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Thanks for all your responses.

The inspection period has passed. When I said K was signed last Friday...that was the final signing, with inspection results worked out.

There is no financing contingency. Cash sale. We don't have option periods in this state.

I suppose I can go ahead w/the sale, move in, then sell as soon as I can recoup my money. But it's possible things will work out, and costs not as much as I think.

I've been looking for so long, is how I got myself into this fix. There ARE reasons I made an offer. I like the area (not many houses come up for sale in that area), it's cute, large yard (doggies will love that), open floor plan (I can see the tv and dogs while in the kitchen), fiberoptic internet is available there, nice neighborhood (this is one of the smallest houses in the area, which is a good thing).

So maybe I'm just having a panic attack. I'm alone and I worry about all expenses and decisions, because I don't have a fallback...no spouse to help with money issues or to contribute or to discuss decisions with. I get so worried that I will make a huge financial decision mistake.

If I lived in a state where marijuana was legal, I could get some of that out, and I probably wouldn't worry about a thing!

Thanks for all your responses. I still have calls in to a couple of real estate attorneys, but haven't heard back. Attorneys generally like to have big real estate clients, like companies, I think. This is small potatoes to them.
You're just getting cold feet. I would still consult a attorney. And from now on NEVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER AGAIN do a double ended deal.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:51 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
I can only assume that every person giving anything beyond "hey, it's natural to feel some panic" does not remember ever reading one of the OP's numerous posts on her lengthy house search.

this is like the 5th Realtor she's engaged to help her. She has taken it upon herself to never seek representation solely for herself, rather often calling the listing agent directly.

and so my response - it's normal for every Buyer to have some pangs of doubt. It's completely expected for you that for the next several years, you'll second guess whichever home you wind up with. I am glad that you seem to have taken to heart the comments to remember the things you actually liked enough to write an offer in the first place.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:15 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,693,426 times
If you get the house, move in, and can't stand it. . . Then do what you can to fix it up and either rent it out or sell it. Or rent out a room or two.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:42 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I can only assume that every person giving anything beyond "hey, it's natural to feel some panic" does not remember ever reading one of the OP's numerous posts on her lengthy house search.

this is like the 5th Realtor she's engaged to help her. She has taken it upon herself to never seek representation solely for herself, rather often calling the listing agent directly.

and so my response - it's normal for every Buyer to have some pangs of doubt. It's completely expected for you that for the next several years, you'll second guess whichever home you wind up with. I am glad that you seem to have taken to heart the comments to remember the things you actually liked enough to write an offer in the first place.
Even when I bought I had a few "could I of gotten it cheaper or found a better property " questions running through my head. I think it's perfectly normal to feel some doubt.

But if OP isn't willing to get her own rep that's her problem. Can't complain when you're getting the high hard one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate