Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 12:00 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,021,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Then call after next week. Ask again.
That's the plan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 03:47 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,764,474 times
And the assessors office, may not be able to tell you what the sales price was.

Example the property was exchanged for other real estate property for property, there will be no sales price to see.

Example of this exchange without prices showing. My son and his wife divorced and she got the home and 5 acres of land. He got 3 acres including the milking barn that had been converted to a nice art gallery. The huge metal building with concrete floor, he converted into a art foundry to do bronze casting. He put a mobile home on his his property to live in. It was a hard to sell property. He followed my advice and went looking for a building to put his art gallery in, and if they were close in value offer to exchange property for property. He did, and by forgetting to talk about prices as I advised him, he found the right building right on the 2 lane tourist highway along the coast, with great viability. It had a large nice apartment on the second floor for his living quarters. It was worth about $100,000 more than his property and both were Free and Clear of loans. It was vacant. He offered a straight across property for property exchange. They accepted. The sale closed, and he did the closing papers (he had gone to law school, but liked art better). They did not show any prices at closing.

Example. The price is given as $1 plus other good and valuable consideration.

Many times on a private sale that was not sold through real estate agents, the price will never be known/available to you.

As it was a private sale, you may never find the real price the property sold for.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
And the assessors office, may not be able to tell you what the sales price was.

Example the property was exchanged for other real estate property for property, there will be no sales price to see.

Example of this exchange without prices showing. My son and his wife divorced and she got the home and 5 acres of land. He got 3 acres including the milking barn that had been converted to a nice art gallery. The huge metal building with concrete floor, he converted into a art foundry to do bronze casting. He put a mobile home on his his property to live in. It was a hard to sell property. He followed my advice and went looking for a building to put his art gallery in, and if they were close in value offer to exchange property for property. He did, and by forgetting to talk about prices as I advised him, he found the right building right on the 2 lane tourist highway along the coast, with great viability. It had a large nice apartment on the second floor for his living quarters. It was worth about $100,000 more than his property and both were Free and Clear of loans. It was vacant. He offered a straight across property for property exchange. They accepted. The sale closed, and he did the closing papers (he had gone to law school, but liked art better). They did not show any prices at closing.

Example. The price is given as $1 plus other good and valuable consideration.

Many times on a private sale that was not sold through real estate agents, the price will never be known/available to you.

As it was a private sale, you may never find the real price the property sold for.
It wasn't between family members, it just was never listed for sale through mls. It was for money, nothing else was exchanged. The new owners are already listed on the property tax website. I'm sure a lawyer or agent was involved.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:27 PM

420 posts, read 403,282 times
Why does it really matter? It was sold for whatever it was sold for - does it have a bearing on you?

Old 06-27-2017, 10:31 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Here there is a required transfer tax which is documented as part of the sale. So all sales are valued for the tax and the valuation form accompanies the deed. Keeps it all up and above board. Guess interesting when you have land swaps in the mix but it can be worked out and if not the assessors appraisers will reconstruct it. I would think some of the weird deals are not properly depicted...but anything reasonably normal will be.

Old 06-28-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite76 View Post
Why does it really matter? It was sold for whatever it was sold for - does it have a bearing on you?
Yes, bc it was my house that my grandma had a tod/willed to me for the past 15 years bc I derailed my career to care for her but on her deathbed my junkie mom and brother bullied her into changing the will/tod. I want to see how much the betrayal was worth. I'm sure they undersold it bc the new owners have an expensive house in town so I think it's a flip and since the house needs at least 30k in updates and the average pp in the neighborhood is only X, then it must have been sold for nothing if the flippers are going to make money.
TL,dr yeah, it's important to me.

Old 06-28-2017, 12:44 PM

420 posts, read 403,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Yes, bc it was my house that my grandma had a tod/willed to me for the past 15 years bc I derailed my career to care for her but on her deathbed my junkie mom and brother bullied her into changing the will/tod. I want to see how much the betrayal was worth. I'm sure they undersold it bc the new owners have an expensive house in town so I think it's a flip and since the house needs at least 30k in updates and the average pp in the neighborhood is only X, then it must have been sold for nothing if the flippers are going to make money.
TL,dr yeah, it's important to me.
That'll do it.

Old 07-08-2017, 03:46 PM

I got the info. It sold for 60k under appraisal. Junkie fire sale.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:45 PM

89 posts, read 116,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Then call after next week. Ask again.
Your name fits your to a t.

Old 07-09-2017, 05:29 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,330 times
The following states are considered non-disclosure: Alaska, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri (some counties), Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming.
I live in Idaho and have bought(and sold one ) property from people and nobody knows what I paid except The seller, title company and myself. Ohh and the tax man..If the mls is part of the sale or a mortgage is involved then everybody knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate