Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 07:09 PM

1,884 posts, read 3,031,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
FedEx her broker (boss) another key. Cheaper than a locksmith and will get there tomorrow.

I would also call her boss and tell them how she lied and came up with this quite imaginative story instead of simply telling you she lost the key. Ask the broker to assign the house to someone else.
Unfortunately I do not have another key. During my move, my car was broken into and the keys to my old house, which were in the glove box, were taken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Was your contract with the agent or with the agency? If s/he left, you may not have a contract any more.

Make sure they give an extra key to your handyman, too.
agency

Old 07-11-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So you are blaming the current agent for the key issue when the real *jewel*,
your original agent probably has the key or lost it?

The current agent was the last person in the house. So she had to have the key at that time to get in and to lock up when she left.

The last one may not have made an office copy or may have taken the office copy, I would not know about that, but the current agent had at least one copy.

And I said jewel in reference to her because she seems to have an issue with truth and respect, basic honesty.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
They lie to you, and you are going to keep them so they get commission? Unreal.

You know, I bet there is a good realtor sitting out there that would do a wonderful job and love to have your business, but you are going to reward someone who lies to you. Can't say no one told you.
If there was an out for the contract, I would take it, but there is not. If I cancel and sell it during the listing period, they will still get the full commission, so I would be paying double commission. So I hope they sell it as waiting until the Winter is not something I want to do.

After its over, I will review the transaction honestly, on public websites.

Yes, I now know this listing was a BIG mistake! But I am stuck. I read the contract and its clear.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cully View Post
You're talking about being in a listing contract till Nov? What does it say about getting out of it?

The broker gave you a different agent from the first one. Then this one makes up a multi-stage story about the key. At some point the realtor removed the key it seems(?).

At any rate, looks like you would have grounds to switch companies if you want.
I can switch to a different brokerage, but will still owe commission if the house sells between now and Nov. So I would end up paying double commission, and at likely 12%, its more that I care to pay. I'd rather wait and make them work if they want a commission.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CieloIn20 View Post
We had a realtor once who lost her master keycard -- the master key that would let her into anybody's lockbox. YIKES.
We had to let her go.
Funny, I once bought a HUD house and a month after closing the lock box was still on the front door. I asked and asked the realtor to remove it, but the house was out of his way. So, I went to the office and he gave me the key to the box and that would let me remove the box, yes it worked for all boxes!

He told me to drop it back off at his office when I was in the area.

I never went to that area. And he never came to pick it up.

When I sold that house I gave the set up to the listing realtor. He was shocked that I had it...keys and all.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:34 PM

5,048 posts, read 9,614,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lae60 View Post
I can switch to a different brokerage, but will still owe commission if the house sells between now and Nov. So I would end up paying double commission, and at likely 12%, its more that I care to pay. I'd rather wait and make them work if they want a commission.
That's terrible. So sorry. Am not familiar with a contract that says no matter how bad our behavior you're stuck with us one way or the other.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:45 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
CALL THE BROKER!

At the very least, they should switch you to a different agent. And if you complain enough, they may be willing to let you out of the contract based on this VERY egregious situation. As others have said, losing the key is careless but stuff happens. LYING to you about it is absolutely, completely unacceptable and could possibly cost that agent their license depending on how far you want to take it.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:48 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lae60 View Post
If there was an out for the contract, I would take it, but there is not. If I cancel and sell it during the listing period, they will still get the full commission, so I would be paying double commission. So I hope they sell it as waiting until the Winter is not something I want to do.

After its over, I will review the transaction honestly, on public websites.

Yes, I now know this listing was a BIG mistake! But I am stuck. I read the contract and its clear.
as soon as you follow my advice, your situation will improve.

Unless you've talked to the BIC since this incident, and they've told you in this interim period that they won't terminate your agreement...then TALK TO THE BROKER. Not the agent - their boss.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:52 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Nothing worse than a lying realtor. Will you believe anything she says from now on?
Fire her after she changes the locks. Life is too short to deal with people like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate