Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 11:34 AM

229 posts, read 240,572 times

Advertisements

I find links that look good but usually just want me to fill out load aps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 12:22 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,249,015 times
Well, VA loans are a little harder than, say, FHA, but not too much. The VA requires a termite inspection, so plan for that.
The main difference is it takes longer, because there is an extra approval layer to go through. It could take as long as 8 weeks to close with a VA loan.

As a seller, all you have to do is be willing to accept a VA loan. The buyer obviously will be a veteran who does not need to put any money down, other than closing costs. The loan can be 100% funded without a down payment. There is a small funding fee that is added, and that increases on your 2nd or later VA loan.

I also believe the buyer cannot pay for the home inspection, either the seller has to or the buyer's agent.

Old 08-03-2017, 01:32 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,891,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbeechuk View Post
I also believe the buyer cannot pay for the home inspection, either the seller has to or the buyer's agent.
buyer can pay for their inspections

Old 08-03-2017, 01:42 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,249,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
buyer can pay for their inspections
Not true. I was a VA buyer, and my lender said VA borrower cannot pay for the home inspection. For some reason, the VA prohibits it. I mean, of course you can pay, but don't tell the lender you paid for it. At least in Ohio that is how it is.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbeechuk View Post
Not true. I was a VA buyer, and my lender said VA borrower cannot pay for the home inspection. For some reason, the VA prohibits it. I mean, of course you can pay, but don't tell the lender you paid for it. At least in Ohio that is how it is.
The majority of buyers I work with are using VA financing and I've never once had any party to the transaction other than the buyer pay for the buyers home inspection. I guess maybe the lender for each of those transactions didn't ask the buyer (or me), but I find that hard to believe (but I also don't really see the lender being concerned with anything other then termite inspect)

Old 08-03-2017, 03:06 PM

229 posts, read 240,572 times
Thanks for your answers. I appreciate it.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:13 PM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
The majority of buyers I work with are using VA financing and I've never once had any party to the transaction other than the buyer pay for the buyers home inspection. I guess maybe the lender for each of those transactions didn't ask the buyer (or me), but I find that hard to believe (but I also don't really see the lender being concerned with anything other then termite inspect)
jbeechuck is referring to the pest inspection only (NPMA-33 form), not the regular full home inspection. VA doesn't allow the buyer to pay for the pest inspection in several states. Oregon doesn't require them so it isn't an issue here, but I know from other VA clients moving across state lines that they weren't allowed to pay for it in their state.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
jbeechuck is referring to the pest inspection only (NPMA-33 form), not the regular full home inspection. VA doesn't allow the buyer to pay for the pest inspection in several states. Oregon doesn't require them so it isn't an issue here, but I know from other VA clients moving across state lines that they weren't allowed to pay for it in their state.
yeah termite is a known, I was just replying in regards to 'home inspection' language used

Old 08-03-2017, 05:43 PM

564 posts, read 448,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Siam View Post
I find links that look good but usually just want me to fill out load aps.
If "ad" appears next to it, skip it. Look at the url, see if it's an organization, or a bank. The bank wants your business and that's why they want you to fill out a "load aps." I assume you meant loan app.

Call a real estate company. Whatever you do, avoid going to a VA web site. Unless you like merry-go-round rides!

Old 08-03-2017, 06:13 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Your buyer decides what loans to use not you, unless you are specifically targeting buyers who are veterans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate