Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:49 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty3 View Post
I found out that they do indeed cooperate with buyers agents, and let them show the house. They charge four and a half percent commission (in my area) with two and a half going to the buyers agent. If a buyer contacts Assist-2-sell directly (no buyers agent), then it is just a low flat fee.
I wonder if the two and a half percentage commission will turn off buyers' agents? Or the fact that it is Assist-2-sell and not a 'full service' agency?
I never had any experience with Assist to sell so I can't give you advise.
The only thing I know is that working with a discount realtor doesn't have to be a problem only in the eyes of the buyers realtor if the don't the 3% the won't look at your home or show the listing to the buyer if they haven't seen it on realtor.com them self or they will tell some negative thing about your home so it will be off the list, just by trash talking about your realtor and how bad it is and they have a hard time getting a deal done......
My suggestion is that if you are smart you pay as little as you can to a realtor which is the listing agent since he is not the one showing your home. Offer in your listing to pay extra to the buyers agent who is bringing the clients to you (so even 0,5% extra if you agent offers 2,5%), it is the only thing most realtors look at, commission! Even in todays market The should ask less and sell more which is possible. Keep you sales price low but reasonable so you will attrack the buyers quicker. Keep in mind the bad realtors are still working and not weeded out unfortunatelly and I get phone calls every week and I'm shocked what they tell you, bunch of crap. Interview a couple of them and make a short time contract and put in their that if you sell after the contract is over they have no part of it only during the listing period. Have in writing what they will do in advertisemnt and if they don't do it the contract will be cancelled. The more they are willing to do, the longer you can keep the contract period. I would start with 2 months not longer. This because most realtors are stating buyers will come in the first 3 weeks other wise it is harder (which is a little ture but most people won't sell within 3 weeks), but use their words and move on if they don't keep their word, which is happening a lot. All these nice open houses and advertisements, great, but will you ever get it, most people didn't and are complaining on this forum. Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 07:48 AM

316 posts, read 1,249,127 times
Default you get what you pay for .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty3 View Post
I found out that they do indeed cooperate with buyers agents, and let them show the house. They charge four and a half percent commission (in my area) with two and a half going to the buyers agent. If a buyer contacts Assist-2-sell directly (no buyers agent), then it is just a low flat fee.
I wonder if the two and a half percentage commission will turn off buyers' agents? Or the fact that it is Assist-2-sell and not a 'full service' agency?
There not a full service agency and your paying that much!
If it were me I would give another .75 and get full service. (sorry Jersey girls like full service)
buyers agent getting 2.75 /listing agent getting 2.50 for a total of 5.25 .
or do a total of 5% spliting it 50/50 and giving a bouns to the buyers agent.
Good luck Kitty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate