Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:06 AM

333 posts, read 1,063,639 times

Advertisements

So...a small update for anyone following...

Break-the-Lease Guy has decided to not persue anything. Apparently he has other issues going on that he needs to deal with before he buys a house. Why he needed to tease us with two showings to realize that...I'll never know!

However...a second showing happened this past weekend as well. This agent called my agent's office last night asking for a fax number.

Not getting my hopes up just yet...but I am thinking positively. It would be SO nice to go on vacation knowing that my house is under contract...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 11:21 AM

965 posts, read 4,500,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelizePlease View Post
So...a small update for anyone following...

Break-the-Lease Guy has decided to not persue anything. Apparently he has other issues going on that he needs to deal with before he buys a house. Why he needed to tease us with two showings to realize that...I'll never know!

However...a second showing happened this past weekend as well. This agent called my agent's office last night asking for a fax number.

Not getting my hopes up just yet...but I am thinking positively. It would be SO nice to go on vacation knowing that my house is under contract...
I'm following, Belize! Well, toodleloo to Mr. Lease Guy and on to the next. Hope the second showing pans out into an offer!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:08 AM

Default 2nd offer came in!

We got our second offer last night. MUCH better than the first one...but we're still countering. We're waiting to hear their reaction.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:18 AM

335 posts, read 1,181,171 times
Wishing you luck Belize. We close tommorrow on our house! Things do all seem to work out in the long run. Arent' you the one who lived with her sister and then you each moved into your own homes. If so , how are things going at the new house? Liz

Old 03-19-2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffandliz View Post
Wishing you luck Belize. We close tommorrow on our house! Things do all seem to work out in the long run. Arent' you the one who lived with her sister and then you each moved into your own homes. If so , how are things going at the new house? Liz
Thanks Liz...and congrats to you!

Yep...we've been in our new places since late October. We LOVE the new places. We'll LOVE them even more when we're not paying two sets of bills!! It's great to have my OWN space for a change...yet having her as my neighbor is really COOL!

Financially it's been a bit of a struggle...but not nearly what I had thought it would be. I'm actually surprising myself!

Old 04-01-2008, 09:20 AM

Default Contract!

Well.......
We're still working out inspection issues...but if all goes well...we'll be closing on April 23rd... whew...................

Old 04-01-2008, 09:56 AM

436 posts, read 1,357,444 times
Congratulations! Isn't it nice you didn't panic and drop everything for that first awful offer? That's the problem we as sellers are having here. We are dropping our prices to meet this crashing market and buyers are still not happy. Some want to steal your home without a gun!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:09 AM

2,309 posts, read 2,314,460 times
Good luck and congrats!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:46 AM

965 posts, read 4,500,024 times
Quote:
Well.......
We're still working out inspection issues...but if all goes well...we'll be closing on April 23rd... whew...................
Oh, good luck to you! Hope it works out. Please keep us posted.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:54 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
. This guy really wants our house, but he has a lease until August which will cost $$$$ to break. ...optimistic that this won't be our best offer...)

The market in August will be much worse than now and your "guy" will not be interested at the same price as now. Flog it while you can!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate