Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 11:07 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
we had a couple take a pass on our house because the weirdo wife detected "some negative energy" in the kitchen. Our realtor told us she was ghost white and had black fingernails and lipstick. She may have been onto something because I dropped the sh\t out of a skillet onto my big toe just weeks earlier!
My uncle was trying to sell an apartment. I cannot remember if it was the renter at the time who was possibly buying the apartment or not, but they complained that they could hear the cat upstairs (running around?) and it was making her sick. So the cat weighing less than fifteen pounds bothers her but not the humans weighing over one hundred pounds walking around. Okay...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 11:14 AM

3,403 posts, read 3,572,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
My realtor told me he had a client who saw a house and turned it down because there were too many outlets.
hahaha....I can't do this any more. This is just too hilarious.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:46 AM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinerantlocal View Post
You can not go by feed back. Most of the time is made up crap to just give an excuse. When I sell my properties I put a voice activated recorder when it shows. I will know exactly what they think of the property. I can tell if they like it hate it or if its a split where one likes it and one hates it. I know some idiots will whine about "its illegal" Well if I were posting it on line that may or may not be an issue. But when its for my ears only you would never know. And it works well.
I just want to highlight your post for those buyers who said they would uncomfortable if the sellers were there when they were looking. Because sometimes we aren't really alone even when we think we are.

I discuss the possibility of hidden recording devices and nanny cams with buyers. It's prudent for people to assume it's possible the sellers are listening or watching even if they are NOT there. However, I don't harp on it. It's stifling to think you are being recorded, and it makes most people feel really uncomfortable, and gets in the way of actually looking and discussing the qualities of the home.

I usually just let them talk. If the seller is offended by the opinions of the buyers, that's just the way it goes. I don't think the seller would often actually gain any benefit from what is heard and I think it injects bad vibes into the whole experience. I would STRONGLY advise sellers to NOT do this.

My two cents.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:52 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
My realtor told me he had a client who saw a house and turned it down because there were too many outlets.
How can a house ever have too many outlets? I can never find one where I want one!

Old 08-11-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I got some weird feedback after a showing this morning, so thought this topic would make a fun thread. Here's what these people said: They said they loved the house but the yard is "too landscaped." (Trust me, it's quite tasteful and moderate, drought tolerant, easy care, our yard guy comes only twice a month because grass grows slowly here in TX). They want a yard that "will require no maintenance whatsoever." Ummm, they're not going to find that in a subdivision (most HOAs require lawns), plus there were numerous photos of our yard on the online listing.
So they're looking for something like these:

A sand filled backyard

A rock covered backyard

Astroturf

To live on another planet where grass doesn't grow neither do weeds

Old 08-11-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
"Too much storage . . . the bed rooms could have been bigger if the closets were smaller".

The rooms were more than average sized, each with a generous walk-in closet. I had never heard that one before . . .
Who wants smaller closets? Most closets are too small. Where are you folks finding these weirdos? LOL

Old 08-11-2017, 03:35 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
People will sometimes look at homes that don't meet every single need or have every feature they're looking for. They should! Because life is often about compromising. Sometimes they find out that they don't need what they thought they did. Sometimes they decide they do. They sometimes can't decide until they look.
That is very true. When we first looked for a house, we wanted one with a pool. We could not see paying tens of thousands to put in a pool when if you buy a house with a pool, the pool is free.

Still we looked at houses with no pool - and bought one.

When we sold it, we had to remove the above ground pool we had installed.

We also looked at houses that did not have enough bedrooms. We looked for paces we liked where we could add a bedroom or two.

I really wanted a three or four car garage. We mostly looked at houses with one car or no garage. We ended up buying one with a half garage (tiny old model T garage).

When you are house shopping, you do not know what your priorities or your absolutes are. If you love some attributes of the house enough, you will work around your other priorities and absolute "no" issues.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:31 PM

1,112 posts, read 883,343 times
Quote:
Never...too many...

Mae

Old 08-11-2017, 04:52 PM

1,112 posts, read 883,343 times
My former house had a sprinkler system in the basement. People kept asking me if it worked....( i did not know..but I don't believe it had water in the pipes) . I kept answering that I did not know if it worked but once they closed on the house...they could start a fire in the basement to test it! Never mind that I had just put 40K in a room and garage addition, new patio and sidewalks and very nice landscaping! I hated selling my house! ...i got married... my house sold 5k over asking price within a a week!

Mae

Old 08-11-2017, 05:22 PM

531 posts, read 452,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
To live on another planet where grass doesn't grow neither do weeds
Try Virginia City, Nevada. Nobody has a lawn or weeds there.
True, the place does have an alien feel to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate