Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 08:22 AM

340 posts, read 222,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
OP, Riggy is brand new to the forum, don't forget you can report his posts and if he continues his bullying he will be banned!
Since when does giving helpful advice become bullying?

I was invited to this forum obviously because someone thought I might actually add some value to the community.

Jardine asked for advice, obviously unaware the severity of his own mistakes.

If you had read our latest replies which were written well before this post came along, you might easily see that both of us were relieved to have the important issues resolved, as Jardine has amply expressed knowledge of realizing the magnitude of his own actions.

I had also admittingly expressed where I had been out of line.

At this point, I'm not sure why you'd feel the need to keep this thread revived, unless of course you're just looking to instigate the matter.

You take care now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 09:31 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
Riggy, you make it sound like I'm borderline mentally handicapped and are getting fairly personal with the insults. I am an intelligent, reasonable person who is capable of understanding complex processes if given the opportunity to do so. However, questioning my intelligence and general judgment is a bit much.

Keep in mind that I've met the parties involved; you haven't met or personally talked to anyone in the transaction and yet you are making pretty personal digs at my intelligence, judgment and ability to even purchase a home. This is just my opinion but you've really crossed the line in my eyes with personal comments about me (a person that you've never met). I can take fair, critiqued criticism of my situation but you've gone beyond that multiple times in this thread.
I agree with you here. Try not to take it personally; he's just new here and mouthing off.

Old 08-21-2017, 09:35 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
OP, Riggy is brand new to the forum, don't forget you can report his posts and if he continues his bullying he will be banned!
+100

Old 08-21-2017, 07:08 PM

250 posts, read 181,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riggy_house View Post
Since when does giving helpful advice become bullying?

I was invited to this forum obviously because someone thought I might actually add some value to the community.

Jardine asked for advice, obviously unaware the severity of his own mistakes.

If you had read our latest replies which were written well before this post came along, you might easily see that both of us were relieved to have the important issues resolved, as Jardine has amply expressed knowledge of realizing the magnitude of his own actions.

I had also admittingly expressed where I had been out of line.

At this point, I'm not sure why you'd feel the need to keep this thread revived, unless of course you're just looking to instigate the matter.

You take care now.
I've personally always found that the best way to participate in discussions on the internet is to pretend that you are actually physically having the conversation face to face. Keeps the inner filter in control.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:11 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
Your agents communication sucked. Is this her second job, does she have too many clients, or does she just lack professionalism?

And IMO it absolutely is the agents job to recommend good inspectors/contractors/lenders/attorneys. What good is experience if you don't use it to help your clients?

Old 08-21-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
You should understand that this assumed warranty information may be very difficult for your agent to obtain. It would mean that your agent would need to ask the seller's agent to ask the sellers "who performed the work, and what exactly were the materials used?"

If the seller can't remember which contractor he hired from craigslist or doesn't want to admit who he hired, the trail could end there for you. Perhaps its likely your agent asked, but never got a response. She was probably expecting not to, knowing many homeowners/investors will just hire their cousins or buddies out of pocket to fix their roof. It's not exactly what you would call a highly regulated business.

It sounds to me like the two biggest issues were mostly on you not taking the time to research and ask the right questions from others who could have helped for free by just giving you some sound advice.

Hope that helps
That's garbage. The OP's agent still has the responsibility to try. She should have pestered the company to no end for a sewer report. If the seller/sellers agent were non-responsive she could have let the OP know that was the case. I can't believe you're trying to put this back on the OP because the agent did a crummy job communicating.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
The point being that her agent may have had no obligation whatsoever to provide her with a "no news yet" update. Not even a single one.

If I were her agent I would have clearly stated, IF and when I hear something, I'll let you know. ...
Please, the agent has a fiduciary responsibility to the buyer. Aside from that it's extremely unprofessional to do this to a client. Are you an agent? You seem to be defending bad behavior very hard.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
A--Make a formal complaint to the State Association Of Realtors about what the agent had done. (The state association can force the agency to take care of a problem they created.)

B--You are making a formal complaint to the Licensing depart of the State that issues real estate brokerage licenses. (They can pull the license of not only the salesperson but the office as well putting them out of business.)...
Agreed with the above. At this point you don't know even know the inspection was ever done and she ignored repeated requests. You should report her to LLC or tell her if she doesn't come up with the info within a few days you will be reporting her. Google your state Real Estate Commission and the form or link will probably be there on the site.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svicious22 View Post

Yes, the majority of realtors view getting the deal done as top priority, and their clients' priorities and satisfaction are a distant second.
I would rephrase that with the majority view taking care of their client as a top priority but a few just want to get the deal done. Also, depending on local laws (transaction brokerage) that may literally be their job as opposed to representing the client. Most agents try to do right by the client, some are better than others.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
...I am also a first time home buyer and my realtor has held my hand throughout the whole process. Maybe when a realtor has been doing the job for 8 years they lose sight of the fact that a first time buyer may be completely clueless. As for me, I never heard of a sewer line inspection and didn't do one. ....
An agent is either professional or not, years of experience has nothing to do with it. I've been 12 years in the biz I can't imagine ignoring a client like the OP's agent did. No excuse for it. Also, 500 deals closed of my own and I own and office that's done an extra 700 or the last 3 years and I've never seen sewer inspection either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate