Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 07:17 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,036,573 times

Advertisements

https://matterport.com/try-it/

I get the impression that not many people click 3D home tours or videos.
Based on the number of hits I see on youtube videos, almost no one clicks.

It's not like you have to waste a lot of time on them instead of watching Game of Thrones.

Compared to seeing distorted wide angle still photos, there's more clicking and tapping involved (or you can use your keyboard arrow keys), but it gives you a better representation of the home.

Do you, would you, click on these 3D tours before seeing a home in person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 07:30 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 5 days ago)

43,081 posts, read 76,631,641 times
Matterport is for wowing listing prospects.
Like many other things we do, it is not actually "value-added." Sellers like shiny, glitzy stuff.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:11 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,833,052 times
I do... I actually quite like them!

Old 08-27-2017, 10:37 PM

3,532 posts, read 2,992,345 times
I do and I also love when trulia has the street view option. Every listing should have it.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:38 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,036,573 times
Most people here are probably like... WTF is a 3D tour? WTF is a matterport ?

I bet most home shoppers are led around by their agent, without looking at any website first.

I've always thought that this was more of a benefit for agents who were too lazy to go to a broker's open house.

But it actually can be a substitute for wasting your time at a regular open house.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:49 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,628,491 times
I almost never click on them, but then, I have lots of practice imagining layouts from a floor plan and a few photos.

And I disagree strongly with the assertion that "I bet most home shoppers are led around by their agent, without looking at any website first." Almost ALL of my buyers have been looking at websites religiously. Some even have names for the houses -- i.e., we pull up in front of one and it's, "Oh, this is the one with the weird wallpaper," or "Oh, good, this is the one with the pool - this was my favorite online!"

Old 08-29-2017, 05:18 PM

1,528 posts, read 1,578,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
I almost never click on them, but then, I have lots of practice imagining layouts from a floor plan and a few photos.

And I disagree strongly with the assertion that "I bet most home shoppers are led around by their agent, without looking at any website first." Almost ALL of my buyers have been looking at websites religiously. Some even have names for the houses -- i.e., we pull up in front of one and it's, "Oh, this is the one with the weird wallpaper," or "Oh, good, this is the one with the pool - this was my favorite online!"
I agree that a good part of the work previously done by the agent is now done independently by the buyer on the internet. That's precisely why the Department of Justice is concerned that commissions have not really come down despite the availability of internet tools similar to the ones which provided industry transforming benefits to consumers in the securities brokerage and travel industries. They see stifled levels of competition in the industry as the reason for this stagnation and will very likely continue to address this issue.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:43 PM

503 posts, read 1,449,143 times
I love seeing realtor coms 3d tours. There was a trilevel house today I looked at online. Pictures alone didn't do it justice.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:16 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,099,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_because View Post
I agree that a good part of the work previously done by the agent is now done independently by the buyer on the internet. That's precisely why the Department of Justice is concerned that commissions have not really come down despite the availability of internet tools similar to the ones which provided industry transforming benefits to consumers in the securities brokerage and travel industries. They see stifled levels of competition in the industry as the reason for this stagnation and will very likely continue to address this issue.
look who came back out!

Old 08-30-2017, 06:12 AM

1,528 posts, read 1,578,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
look who came back out!
Thanks for welcoming me back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate