Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 05:28 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,046,764 times

Advertisements

nah, the contract isn't that binding. Most brokers will agree to a mutual cancellation of the contract because it's the easy way out.

don't be scared of the contract. If she's doing a chit job so far, you don't have to be stuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 05:49 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,671,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Yeah I don't get why the seller and her agent were there. I NEVER buy the house with the seller following me around. I've looked at a few and it's a HUGE turn off. The only exception is if it's FSBO.
Yes, I’m thinking that if that was to be the norm, that’s probably the real reason for the lack of showings instead of the price point.

Otherwise, I think there should be a better explanation from the realtor about why $220K is the magic number. I know when I’ve looked at homes previously, I’ve always put in above my budget because I never get preapproved for the max and there’s always a possibility that I might be able to negotiate a little bit under the asking price. I don’t think the OP is in a place like Silicon Valley where every home tends to get way over asking price. Is she at the top of the comparable homes at the market without the most desirable location, largest size, newest upgrades, etc. to merit the extra $3K? It really sounds like more should have been done to get some interest in the first month. I had a sale fall through on my unit and the person ended up offering on essentially the same unit with an asking price 15% higher than mine. I SERIOUSLY doubt she offered that much more since they both had fairly new upgrades. The point is, even with such a ridiculous price point, that person ended up with a buyer and the OP has only had one person even look.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:54 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Yes, I’m thinking that if that was to be the norm, that’s probably the real reason for the lack of showings instead of the price point.

Otherwise, I think there should be a better explanation from the realtor about why $220K is the magic number. I know when I’ve looked at homes previously, I’ve always put in above my budget because I never get preapproved for the max and there’s always a possibility that I might be able to negotiate a little bit under the asking price. I don’t think the OP is in a place like Silicon Valley where every home tends to get way over asking price. Is she at the top of the comparable homes at the market without the most desirable location, largest size, newest upgrades, etc. to merit the extra $3K? It really sounds like more should have been done to get some interest in the first month. I had a sale fall through on my unit and the person ended up offering on essentially the same unit with an asking price 15% higher than mine. I SERIOUSLY doubt she offered that much more since they both had fairly new upgrades. The point is, even with such a ridiculous price point, that person ended up with a buyer and the OP has only had one person even look.
Would you say that if you knew the house was worth $175,000? Do you know it's not? The OP has not even hinted that they have any idea of the value of the property or what the agent has done to determine that or communicate it. We're all just guessing here.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:50 PM

2,035 posts, read 3,349,149 times
I'm not trying to be snarky, nasty, or give any non-worthy comment - just passing thru...

But having the seller at a showing would turn me off way more than dishes in the sink...

(my house is for sale, so i check threads here)

Old 10-27-2017, 12:30 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,762,441 times
In that price range, cutting the price by only $3,000 is not going to get a home that is not getting showings, to suddenly turn it into a hot property with people lining up to see it. Never happened in the past, and is not going to happen now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate