Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 09:09 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,697,825 times

Advertisements

Buyers who play games, with the buyer's agent and listing agent from the same brokerage but not under dual agency teaming up in one cozy, unethical (to say the least) arrangement. And especially after that buyer's first words passed to us are "We are not gamers." BWAHHHHHAAAHAHHHAAAA! Hypocrite.

I'm glad someone else bought the house instead, under a different listing agent and with a different buyer's agent. These buyers will be better neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 09:19 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,249,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Having to remove all traces of pets, including themail pets themselves. To heck with the stress on ME - it's the stress on the pets I care about.

(But, no, they are not staying in the house to distract, disturb or turnoff potential buyers.)
We have 2 cats, and we were worried about that too. But our realtor said to just keep them home. We were going to have people looking every day at different times with almost no notice. What were we supposed to do? Take them to work with us all day? Nope, wasn't going to happen. I scooped the litter boxes as often as I could, even coming home at lunch to do it.

Now a dog I can see as being a problem, with loud barking and possible liabilities.

We sold our house in 3 days, and none of the prospective buyers seemed to even notice the cats. but one of them was hiding anyway.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:38 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Keeping the place showing ready on a daily basis was tough. At least there were showings just about every day for the couple of weeks before it went under contract, so it didn't feel like wasted effort to get it ready every single morning before we left.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:39 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,475,235 times
everything except for depositing the check(s).

Old 10-24-2017, 09:42 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,496,198 times
Showings are the worst. The worst. So much wasted time. So many looky-loos. So much fake urgency from the agents.

So many agents who are only looking for a listing from the "buyers" they are supposedly showing your house to. That was a BIG waste of my time on this last move, last year. Of course, they never 'fess this up before the showing.

I pray that the next time I sell, I have the common sense (and resources) to move out first.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:46 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
All the bullcrap being slung by the agent.

Texts to me:

Spoke with 8 agents considering writing offers! Spare me. That means exactly nothing.

I told all that there is tremendous interest in this property so come in very strong. Like I haven't heard that before -- it must be a stock line.

The buyers love how turn-key it is. How would you know? You talked to agents, if you actually did talk to agents.

This is all called "selling past the close." He's got the listing contract. Why keep selling us? Now we're starting to wonder if we made a mistake. That's why selling past the close is a bad idea.

Old 10-24-2017, 02:52 PM

3,248 posts, read 2,455,427 times
I actually like selling my houses. It means I can buy more.

Old 10-24-2017, 03:03 PM

3,152 posts, read 2,731,166 times
I hate when you get to a critical point in the process and someone (loan officer or agent) suddenly has to go on vacation in 3 days and won't be back for 2 weeks.

Old 10-24-2017, 03:54 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Everything. That's why I plan to (hopefully) either live in this house until I die or go to the old folks home.

My plan, too

Old 10-24-2017, 06:54 PM

1,078 posts, read 937,794 times
The nitpicky stupid list of repairs on an older house, expecting things like ductwork, wiring, and even windows to meet current code requirements that weren’t in place when it was built. Grrrr! If you want a new house then buy one, but don’t expect an old one priced accordingly to be like that. We are hung up on just this issue with our current sale and despite the report being enormously positive, they picked every last little stupid detail to make an issue of.

I’m *this* close to just saying no and letting the contract fall through, but we really need this to sell before winter, so we are agreeing to fix the few things that you could make a reasonable case for (like our painter having lost one of our CO detectors after we moved out).

But the whole I-can’t-afford-new-but-I-want-you-to-buy-it-for-me-via-repairs is crap and obnoxious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate