Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:37 AM

395 posts, read 490,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Quick answer because I am not going to go back and forth with you.

I grew up in The Bronx and lived in Manhattan and I was street smart.
It didn't help me though, I still got shot.
first where did u get shot, address or cross st. section or neighborhood...are u a white guy that just wander to the pj's on harlem on a friday nite having no business doing there, then u are asking to be shot. and when was this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 08:57 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentnyc View Post
first where did u get shot, address or cross st. section or neighborhood...are u a white guy that just wander to the pj's on harlem on a friday nite having no business doing there, then u are asking to be shot. and when was this?
So if I am white I was asking for it?

Do white people not live in the projects?

Old 03-26-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
well jimbo was comparing how living with the nature and sh*t and how beautiful it is to see the night sky and see animals. well im giving him the pros of living in nyc also. i can see animals in the bronx zoo and sh*t. i can see the night sky and stars when i go out to my 2nd beach home in the long island during the weekend or summer vacation.

it wasn't jim who question me about his market..i know nothing about jims market. it was either mike peterson or someone else who questions me about florida market which i know alot about.
Have you bought 2 beach homes within the last 8 days?

It says here that you were thinking about buying one.

Quote:
im thinking of buying a vacation beach home near nyc. i have narrow it down to several areas. long beach (long island), long branch (nj), and belmar (nj). can any1 here give some pros and cons for these ny and nj areas? what about the cost to midtown manhattan? what is the fares for lirr and nj path train? are taxes the same in both area? also do u have any other suggestion beside these areas. forget about the million dollar homes in hamptons. i will never be able to afford it in those areas.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
So if I am white I was asking for it?

Do white people not live in the projects?
unfortnately no...majority that live in nyc's pj's are colored folks. if u talking about pj's in kansas...then maybe majority is white. u still haven't answer my other questions...when did it occur and where did u get shot? it probably tramautized ur whole life...huh? as for me...i live in east harlem and 4 ppl got killed in front of my building within the last 2 yrs.

Last edited by vincentnyc; 03-26-2008 at 09:12 AM..

Old 03-26-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Have you bought 2 beach homes within the last 8 days?

It says here that you were thinking about buying one.
nah...im thinking of getting one in long beach...but waiting for the price to drop even more...also looking to buy a condo somewhere in brooklyn. 2 properties...yes i can't afford the beach property in hamptons..but at least i can live like the rich...just the poor's man version of it...lol.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
unfortnately no...majority that live in nyc's pj's are colored folks. if u talking about pj's in kansas...then maybe majority is white. u still haven't answer my other questions...when did it occur and where did u get shot? it probably tramautized u ur whole life. as for me...i live in east harlem and 4 ppl got killed in front of my building within the last 2 yrs.
If it traumatized me my whole life I don't think I would be where I am now.
Which is definitely not East Harlem.

Weren't you just espousing on the fact that NYC is the safest city yet 4 people got shot in front of your building?

That is more people than have been killed in my county in the last 3 years total.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
nah...im thinking of getting one in long beach...but waiting for the price to drop even more...also looking to buy a condo somewhere in brooklyn. 2 properties...yes i can't afford the beach property in hamptons..but at least i can live like the rich...just the poor's man version of it...lol.
But you said, "i can see the night sky and stars when i go out to my 2nd beach home in the long island during the weekend or summer vacation."

So you get on people about where they live calling them ****holes and the boondocks yet you lie about having beach house and actually live in East Harlem.

I did alot of work in East Harlem and anyone that lives there should not be telling anyone else that they live in a ****hole.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:15 AM

Quote:
If it traumatized me my whole life I don't think I would be where I am now.
Which is definitely not East Harlem.

Weren't you just espousing on the fact that NYC is the safest city yet 4 people got shot in front of your building?

That is more people than have been killed in my county in the last 3 years total.
now...u damn where know nyc is a big place...pj's in the ghetto breeds crime aka harlem, east harlem, south bronx as matter of fact majority of the bronx, bed-stuy, crown height, coney island. these areas are full of pjs...there will always be crime and sh*t..no matter what. but if u talking about rich white neighborhood like u see in the tv shows friends, seinfield aka upper east side, upper west side, central park west, those are million dollar home and neighborhood are safe as it can be.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
But you said, "i can see the night sky and stars when i go out to my 2nd beach home in the long island during the weekend or summer vacation."

So you get on people about where they live calling them ****holes and the boondocks yet you lie about having beach house and actually live in East Harlem.

I did alot of work in East Harlem and anyone that lives there should not be telling anyone else that they live in a ****hole.
trust me..the only reason im living in east harlem cuz im living in a rent control building...otherwise i would have left this sh*thole long time ago. i work in the financial sector and i like my bank acct vs urs anytimes of the day. i have enuff money save in the bank to buy 2 places right now...a condo in brooklyn and a beach house. but im waiting cuz the housing market will get worse and prices are dropping by end of this year.

i will take some pix of my condo and my beach home by the end of this year...i guarantee u this.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
trust me..the only reason im living in east harlem cuz im living in a rent control building...otherwise i would have left this sh*thole long time ago. i work in the financial sector and i like my bank acct vs urs anytimes of the day. i have enuff money save in the bank to buy 2 places right now...a condo in brooklyn and a beach house. but im waiting cuz the housing market will get worse and prices are dropping by end of this year.

i will take some pix of my condo and my beach home by the end of this year...i guarantee u this.
The internet is a wonderful thing isn't it. You can be what ever you want to be and have as much money as you like.

Quote:
now...u damn where know nyc is a big place...pj's in the ghetto breeds crime aka harlem, east harlem, south bronx as matter of fact majority of the bronx, bed-stuy, crown height, coney island. these areas are full of pjs...there will always be crime and sh*t..no matter what. but if u talking about rich white neighborhood like u see in the tv shows friends, seinfield aka upper east side, upper west side, central park west, those are million dollar home and neighborhood are safe as it can be.
But you didn't say certain neighborhoods, you said NYC.

But this thread got way off track so I am done here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate