Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 12:09 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Ditto on some video evidence. You can probably get a super inexpensive video cam and set it up so your mom can turn it on when she goes in the yard, maybe even a motion detection one. My son bought one of those for the car that was only $35, though no sound. May not have super clear video but it would be better than nothing. Does she have wifi at her home?
My car cam works by digital recording is on a loop. I think it records up to 8 hours and then it records over the oldest recording. So if there is something you want to save and not to be recorded over you just unplug it, I think there is a SD card. It is also activated by simply plugging into cigarette lighter outlet thing in car. Could one be set up some way to use when she goes in backyard?
Why go through all that? It's called a smart phone. I have a Samsung and amazed at the quality and including the sound when I used it on recent trip to Ireland and Scotland.

The OP or a friend can film it out of sight of the kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 12:13 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_because View Post
While it probably can't solve the problem completely, is there a way that you can put up a few strategically placed trees (even large potted ones). If you can get a couple of trees taller than 8-9 feet, that could provide enough cover extended above the fence. Maybe not allowed with the HOA? just a thought.
No wonder Americans are now known as "sheeple". You're talking about an expense, the mother lives in AZ so I don't know how those trees would do, and so what about the HOA? They took no action to resolve this.

This needs to be addressed, and if it was my mother I would do whatever it takes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Report this https://www.caregiver.org/adult-prot...buse-hotline-1

Your Mom should have reported the situation with the dog to animal control. Animal cruelty is a felony in most States.

Obviously these people don't care about their own pet....they don't give a crap about your Mom, or their own kids.

Call and get her some help with the above agency that I linked. They will at least know what to do, and they may be able to get involved.

If there is stuff being thrown into her yard, tell her to call the police. They can see the stuff if she leaves it there and calls immediately. CPS might be worth a call too, because the parents are obviously neglecting their children if they are able to stand there and torment the next door neighbor.

Also, since you say other neighbors are aware....why not go help your mom start a petition to take to the HOA.

Gads, I miss the days when you could march over and talk to the parents and it would be stopped immediately.
Excellent advice.

You don't sit on your hands on this one.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:20 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
MJ does NOT make someone a bad parent. That issue would be there no matter if they smoked, or not. There are many, many responsible, industrious, hard working, and kind people who smoke mj. Enough with the "Reefer Madness" faulty logic. Please remember that medical mj is legal in the following states. And recreational mj is legal in others. Thank you for becoming aware.

Legal Issues

Please click on your state in the above link to learn more about your current laws.

-------------------------------
I said "heavy, indiscriminant use"--basically stoned more than not
Not recreational use
I would make the same distinction about someone who abuses alcohol
Alcoholics are not good parents IMO or experience
Addicts place product over people--

Old 02-01-2018, 01:25 PM

384 posts, read 376,552 times
Bottom line? This won't resolve until one of them moves.

I agree 100% ,it wont stop. My neighbor in Colorado had two dogs that barked day and night . He told me when I moved in that his dogs barked. Fast forward six months later , someone calls animal law enforcement on him , it wasn't me . The dogs suddenly stopped barking , my sons tire on his truck got slashed repeatedly .I'm guessing he thought it was me since I was the new neighbor. I ended up moving due to other reasons .

Old 02-01-2018, 01:51 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
I cannot believe that some people on here think it is quite okay to smoke marijuana with kids around . No I'm sorry it is not okay and this is not a marijuana issue . It is an issue that these people are too idiotic or stoned to do anything with their kids behavior and please save the education on marijuana speech . I don't want to hear it and I thank you . Yes you must be proactive with this issue not reactive .

Old 02-01-2018, 02:19 PM

23,975 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Thanks for the info, and I think that is TERRIBLE -- and, especially, if the OP's mom is over 60 or so and alone!

But I am just wondering, in that case, about maybe using a cellphone for a evidence. It seems that so many people are photographing people these days without getting any kind of permission, and they seldom face any consequences for doing so.
You do not need permission if they are on a public street. You cannot go on private property to take a picture.

Now, if you make money off the picture, they need to sign a release for their photo being used.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:56 PM

44 posts, read 35,957 times
Alcohol is legal as well, and people DO lose their children if they're drunk all the time. Just because it's legal in some states does not provide parents with carte blanche to be under the influence to the point where they can't function as decent parents.

Old 02-01-2018, 04:00 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I think she needs to get a security camera that can capture the kids throwing rocks at her, if they are continuing to do that.

It's kind of unclear what the HOA is stating here. Are they stating they will both be treated as troublesome and argumentative, and the HOA board will consider what sanctions to take against them both? Or are they planning to help mediate and reach a peaceable solution?

Think what those kids will be like when they're teenagers, if they are facilitated in doing these things now, by their dysfunctional parents? Such families are the breeding grounds for criminals.

Old 02-11-2018, 04:40 PM

6,480 posts, read 10,350,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Think what those kids will be like when they're teenagers, if they are facilitated in doing these things now, by their dysfunctional parents? Such families are the breeding grounds for criminals.
Hopefully Darwinism will take care of that problem (Survival of the Fittest).

Old 02-11-2018, 05:15 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
three words video camera , threaten them and then make them move . cause if that was my mom someone's behind would be sore . where are the parents ? probably smoking weed or crack in the bedroom . tell them that if this does not stop you have it on video and you will give a copy to each board member and guess what the hoa board will make them move when I got through with that hoa board .
1) "video camera" is two words
2) No one person or even an HOA can "make them move". The people in question own the property. The HOA can fine them, the police can arrest them, but having bratty kids - even bratty kids who commit assault on a neighbor - doesn't result in forced property sales and/or relocation. At least not in this country ... yet ...
3) You're ASSuming an awful lot by stating that the owners are "probably smoking weed or crack". The OP made no such statement or speculation. Try sticking to the facts as stated by the OP.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate