Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 10:33 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,186,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Why go through all that? It's called a smart phone. I have a Samsung and amazed at the quality and including the sound when I used it on recent trip to Ireland and Scotland.

The OP or a friend can film it out of sight of the kids.
I guess I was assuming since op didn't think of that because maybe his elderly mom maybe doesn't have a smart phone. My dad refuses to have one, only has a flip phone for "emergencies". Otherwise if she had one op's mom probably w/have used it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2018, 04:39 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
1) "video camera" is two words
2) No one person or even an HOA can "make them move". The people in question own the property. The HOA can fine them, the police can arrest them, but having bratty kids - even bratty kids who commit assault on a neighbor - doesn't result in forced property sales and/or relocation. At least not in this country ... yet ...
3) You're ASSuming an awful lot by stating that the owners are "probably smoking weed or crack". The OP made no such statement or speculation. Try sticking to the facts as stated by the OP.

Oh the grammar and the spelling police and political correctness regime are back , oh how I have missed this LOL !!!! NOT ....Please get your head out of the clouds we all know these types of people they live in every neighborhood in America . You must live nice America where all the nice and correct people live LOL .

Old 02-12-2018, 05:57 AM

6,471 posts, read 10,332,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
I guess I was assuming since op didn't think of that because maybe his elderly mom maybe doesn't have a smart phone. My dad refuses to have one, only has a flip phone for "emergencies". Otherwise if she had one op's mom probably w/have used it.
Even most modern "flip" phones have cameras in this day and age. Don't have to have a smart phone for a camera built into the phone.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:58 AM

1,528 posts, read 1,587,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
No wonder Americans are now known as "sheeple". You're talking about an expense, the mother lives in AZ so I don't know how those trees would do, and so what about the HOA? They took no action to resolve this.

This needs to be addressed, and if it was my mother I would do whatever it takes.
Your post is incoherent. Trees do grow in AZ. You say it's an expense but you would do whatever it takes (except if there is an expense???). Anyway, I never said my suggestion was a single point of attack. I agree in doing whatever it takes and that should include considering a physical barrier/obstruction.

I have no idea what you mean by sheeple in this context. It sounds like you just heard it and were looking for a place to use it as a punch line.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:50 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
.Please get your head out of the clouds we all know these types of people they live in every neighborhood in America .
Perhaps that's true, but until the OP provides proof that his mother's neighborhoods are those "types of people", your posts on that assumption are just plain nonsense.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:32 PM

57 posts, read 86,681 times
Call the police, what's being described by the OP is assault.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:26 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxman590 View Post
call the police, what's being described by the op is assault.
this.

Old 02-12-2018, 05:05 PM

94 posts, read 84,663 times
One point I think is important, is OP’s Mom is older. Unless you’re an older or elderly woman living alone, it’s hard to understand. I’ve been in a similar situation with neighbors and always hesitated to do anything that might make matters worse I.e calling police.

If my situation had occurred when I was younger, with boyfriends who visited often, and a strong healthy body, I would not have hesitated to take more aggressive action. When you are a single, older woman, retaliations are very frightening.

Also, I absolutely believe that people behaving this way, know this and feel nothing will be done to them. I bet they would never allow their children to do this if this woman had a man living at the house. it’s a form of bullying weaker people.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:01 PM

57 posts, read 86,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catosmato View Post
One point I think is important, is OP’s Mom is older. Unless you’re an older or elderly woman living alone, it’s hard to understand. I’ve been in a similar situation with neighbors and always hesitated to do anything that might make matters worse I.e calling police.

If my situation had occurred when I was younger, with boyfriends who visited often, and a strong healthy body, I would not have hesitated to take more aggressive action. When you are a single, older woman, retaliations are very frightening.

Also, I absolutely believe that people behaving this way, know this and feel nothing will be done to them. I bet they would never allow their children to do this if this woman had a man living at the house. it’s a form of bullying weaker people.
So be a door mat? I can see how that could be effective. It WILL NOT get better until someone with authority steps up. At the very least a call to the police explaining what's been happening is in order and from there she might get some helpful advise.

Old 02-13-2018, 02:11 PM

6,471 posts, read 10,332,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxman590 View Post
Call the police, what's being described by the OP is assault.
Ironically, I said the same thing in post #41 in this thread, but it is the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate