Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2018, 08:32 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,761,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG2 View Post
Oh, and his mother isn't happy about the purchase either. Now is not the time to buy things foolishly.
Wow, I can't believe that in spite of all your misgivings this still is happening. And yet you persist...

Quote:
My wife's kid ... He put his dick where he shouldn't have and made a kid.
Classy.

It's so ironic that you feel perfectly entitled to criticize this couple when you are SO full of bile and resentment.

Quote:
... I'm in the midst of looking for my next career...
Wait ... are you unemployed???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2018, 01:28 PM

13,661 posts, read 12,344,355 times
Quote:
Still to many variables still to make a purchase such as this, and much more urgent things they will need after closing, washer/dryer, paint, yard tools. They already have a couch. And I bet closing is still a month out.
Quote:
Oh, and his mother isn't happy about the purchase either. Now is not the time to buy things foolishly.
So...A young man is being a grown up, making his own decision with his GF about where they want to put down roots and raise his son.

There are things to lament, but this isn't one of them.

I mean really, there are some people that go into these things loaded for bear, but plenty of others don't have any idea what they're in for, and oftentimes when they do, still end up surprised.

Ask me about fixing a broken pipe at 10 PM the week we closed on the house. No, I'm not a plumber but I learned in a hurry with an irritated wife and no water in the house.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:56 AM

898 posts, read 595,256 times
OMG!!! Here are the latest developments

* There is still no closing date

* Some repairs were getting done, but on Tuesday, the part of the state where the house is located received 18-20 inches of snow. If the seller didn't hire somebody to plow the 300ft driveway, the house is inaccessible.

* The kids (my stepson and his wife) had already informed the property manager at their apartment building that they were moving out because they were buying a house.......but there is no closing date....

* And a day or two ago the kids found an eviction notice taped to their door from the property manager....

* And I found out that the daughter in law, who maybe had 1 or 2 semesters left to get her associates degree, put that on hold because they were "buying a house". Once they discover the real financial hit from buying the big house in the woods, she's never going back to get her associates degree, let alone move on to get a bachelors.

This whole thing is a major klusterphuk, FUBAR, but I'm a level removed from it as "step dad". But if this closing ever happens, I will be there at daybreak in my painting clothes if they have materials together to paint. Sounds like they will be forced to close and move right in, not taking a week or two to paint and such. (did I mention the stepson wants to scrape the popcorn texture off of the ceilings? Imagine doing that with furniture in the rooms).

Old 03-16-2018, 07:09 AM

14,416 posts, read 11,959,919 times
Jim, it sounds like things are going along pretty normally! The eviction notice is a little unusual, but I'm going to take that one with a grain of salt. No matter how negatively you try to spin these updates, I can still find good news in them, in spite of you! Sorry! Good luck to them! One day at a time, working around the obstacles and naysayers, always toward the goal!

Old 03-16-2018, 09:51 AM

Lol.....

Old 03-16-2018, 11:56 AM

As soon as I see a positive update, I'll let you all know.....

Old 03-17-2018, 10:51 AM

4,676 posts, read 9,964,195 times
Quote:
I do have to wonder why the status hasn't been updated to "pending".

Old 03-17-2018, 11:02 AM

8,916 posts, read 6,213,310 times
Quote:
I don't think this is going to end well... that eviction notice should be an eye opening development. Why would they announce their intention to depart their current home in such an open-ended fashion with no firm closing date identified? I suspect the property manager is just assuming 30 day notice.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:20 AM

4,676 posts, read 9,964,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I don't think this is going to end well... that eviction notice should be an eye opening development. Why would they announce their intention to depart their current home in such an open-ended fashion with no firm closing date identified? I suspect the property manager is just assuming 30 day notice.

I'll bet they didn't pay their March rent........thinking - wrongly - that their "last" as in "first and last" or one month security deposit would cover the rent.

Without a mortgage commitment and closing date, they aren't going anywhere..

Old 03-17-2018, 12:50 PM

14,416 posts, read 11,959,919 times
They may not have a firm closing date until the end. That's not scary necessarily. I don't know how contracts are written there, but they are many times written with a closing date "or sooner" and the date is not finalized until their loan is through underwriting and is actually "clear to close". Lots of little steps to get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate