Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like when Agents and clients tour in the same car?
I never ride in my agent's car. 42 37.17%
I like to ride together with my agent. 45 39.82%
I am an agent, and don't take clients in my car. 11 9.73%
I am an agent and like it when we ride together. 15 13.27%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 05:10 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

That said, I prefer to ride with the agent.

I want to be looking at the neighborhood not the GPS.

I want to ask the realtor questions about the area.

I want to talk with the agent about what we are looking for in a home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 08:51 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,702,413 times
I prefer riding in the agent’s car. They know the area, they know the roads, they can talk about each house before getting there, and I get a feel for how well the agent comes to understand what we want. They should be able to write off the mileage on their taxes, so I assume a fulltime realtor considers what works adequately for transporting clients.

As for trucks, I have ridden in the rear seat of extended and crew cabs. It doesn’t bother me for this purpose; I would dislike it for a road trip, though.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:07 PM

6,379 posts, read 5,495,991 times
I have had one client ride in my car out of countless showings.

I always offer......most people decline and would rather drive themselves.

Local clients usually just meet at the house. Out of towners want to drive themselves to familiarize themselves with the area (and probably talk in privacy).

Old 08-31-2018, 08:14 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,702,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
We live down a half mile gravel road. There is no time of year our truck can stay clean long... On the outside. The inside is clean. We feel a little like hicks sometimes when we pull in to the office parking lot for a staff meeting, and have to park next to all the shiny clean REALTOR® cars. At least we're usually looking at farms.
If the clients are interested in your area, they should know about dust and gravel roads being a fact of life there.

We get some sticky red mud, too. I commented to my husband that our little town sure had a lot of carwashes!

AND the county applies liquid deicer even in summer, for dust control. UGH.

Last edited by pikabike; 08-31-2018 at 08:26 AM..

Old 08-31-2018, 02:46 PM

716 posts, read 557,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I always expect the realtor to drive me. I also expect them to buy my meal.
I also don't go out unless I am serious.
I've done maybe 13 million in real estate deals. If a realtor doesn't want to drive me and pay for the $10 meal because they don't like me or feel I am worth the time and expense, then I'll just find another. I want to be treated well and taken care of and I feel they are well rewarded on the commission end. Being in the car with them allows me to ask questions and not concentrate on finding my way. I learn a lot about an area as they can play tour guide too. They also learn more about me and what I am looking for, so it's beneficial for them as well.
Do you need to eat every two hours?

Old 08-31-2018, 02:50 PM

43,286 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Sucks View Post
Do you need to eat every two hours?
In my car, I carry a sixpack of YooHoo and 3 family sized bags of Cheetos.

No one has complained yet.

Old 08-31-2018, 02:57 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Do you like to ride with your agent when touring houses?
No?

Agents, do you like to have the clients in your car?
No?

Poll stays open forever.
Pick one response.
In anonymity.
I think it is smart to ride in the agent's car. There is purpose to it. First thing, you talk about what kind of house you want when you are driving through neighborhoods and can point them out. The more your agent gets to know you the better fit the house searching is. Second, the hassle of getting directions and paying for gas are not a problem. The agent is your advocate so I don't understand why some people are against riding with them.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:16 PM

6,379 posts, read 5,495,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
I think it is smart to ride in the agent's car. There is purpose to it. First thing, you talk about what kind of house you want when you are driving through neighborhoods and can point them out. The more your agent gets to know you the better fit the house searching is. Second, the hassle of getting directions and paying for gas are not a problem. The agent is your advocate so I don't understand why some people are against riding with them.
A lot of people would rather just go home after touring houses all day. If you meet at the agents office and then ride in their car....you then have to ride with them back to the office, then go your own way after from there. Not very practical for many people.

Again...I always offer if we meet at my office first (which is rare; usually meet at the house)....most politely decline as they're more comfortable driving themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate