Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 05:24 PM

15,570 posts, read 40,404,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Well, spending much of my time on facebook, where there are comments, I don't really see the problems you guys fear, happening, at least there. Comments are generally positive or, wanting to tag people to see a particular house.

But that is facebook, with 'real' IDs. I will admit that makes a big difference in how people behave online.

AND, they're generally posted by the listing agent, who has the ability to moderate or delete comments if they were to get out of hand. I am the Moderator of three real estate related groups on facebook with thousands of members each, and I've never had to delete a comment for being rude. Only spammers and agents who don't follow the advertising rules.
I advertise my listings/Open houses on FB, but I own that page and can control what is said on it about my listings. I don't delete appropriate negative commentary, but I have control. No way I would encourage a seller to put a listing online where they can't control the comments.

You, of course, would be welcome to do otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 05:28 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,076,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
Something like 350 million Facebook accounts are fake. That’s the population of the US. If you use Facebook for any type of purchase, well... that’s how we get a trillion dollar debt.

If it’s in a closed group, that might be as low as 20%.
Understood that some accounts are fake. But of all the problems in the world, inappropriate comments on real estate ads haven't been one of them is all.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I advertise my listings/Open houses on FB, but I own that page and can control what is said on it about my listings. I don't delete appropriate negative commentary, but I have control. No way I would encourage a seller to put a listing online where they can't control the comments.

You, of course, would be welcome to do otherwise.
Of course! And I don't actually disagree with you on anonymous comments that are outside the listing agent's control.

The reason these other sites don't do it is probably just that.... Staffing... Someone would have to control and police it.

I have heard that some of them have forums, but I've never been there and don't know what is discussed.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
If you use Facebook for any type of purchase, well... that’s how we get a trillion dollar debt.
Not following you on this one!

Old 04-21-2018, 05:35 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,195,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfall View Post
I can just see a family estate where the kids grew up in the home that is totally dated, being trashed in online comments. How does that help the kids who might be grieving a parent death?

or a family with one parent that died in a car accident or the wife is battling breast cancer. Sure, let's comment about the family house that has to be sold now due to some tragic situation. That's compassionate and helpful to fellow humans.

Homes are about where people live, raise kids, take care of elderly parents, etc. Not everything in life needs to be commented on in a group discussion. Sometimes we just need to let people be.
or a neighbor down the street who either wants to make their house, also for sale, look better. Or as noted, neighbors that don't get a long or any other person that wants to besmirch the Seller or property.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:36 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,577,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Not following you on this one!
Not surprising. It’s a tangential reference.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:38 PM

Tangents are connected at least at one point.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:40 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,577,668 times
It’s connected on two. Idiots believing **** on Facebook leading to debt. Best to leave that for another forum.

Old 04-22-2018, 06:48 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,681,363 times
Zillow and the likes are for profit companies getting paid by realtors and other advertisers to sell something. They do not want any negative comments and would never allow it. I agree that comments in other area as like Facebook make more sence overall and can be moderated more easily.

Old 04-22-2018, 07:18 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,424,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klara View Post
I am house hunting at the moment and often I would LOVE an option to comment on house listings. I would like to see what other buyers think, and also to criticize or admire a house, house photos, listing description, etc.
Is there any real estate website with this option that I am not aware of?
I sure wish there was as I see some atrocious homes on ALL R/E sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate