Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 08:26 AM

70 posts, read 131,129 times

Advertisements

Redfin site allows the agents to post comments on homes they have toured with clients. Unfortunately for me, they left the wrong comments about my home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 09:13 AM

1,528 posts, read 1,582,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
Not surprising. It’s a tangential reference.
Quote:
Something like 350 million Facebook accounts are fake. That’s the population of the US. If you use Facebook for any type of purchase, well... that’s how we get a trillion dollar debt.

If it’s in a closed group, that might be as low as 20%.
Quote:
It’s connected on two. Idiots believing **** on Facebook leading to debt. Best to leave that for another forum.
Huh??? You're not making a lot of sense lately, pardner. And your meltdown on the other thread. Let's get it together.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:18 AM

9,359 posts, read 6,926,491 times
redfin has a section for their agents to give feedback on homes they have walked. I’ve toured many homes that have Redfin comments and they seem to do a great unbiased job at capturing the properties.

I think having agent remarks is so much better than the yelp variety from the know nothing public.

Old 04-22-2018, 11:52 AM

25,119 posts, read 16,146,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
redfin has a section for their agents to give feedback on homes they have walked. I’ve toured many homes that have Redfin comments and they seem to do a great unbiased job at capturing the properties.

I think having agent remarks is so much better than the yelp variety from the know nothing public.
"This house a 2 car garage, 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The kitchen has white cabinets and stainless steel appliances" ... that's what I see.

Now, I did see one of their newbies just say "Steep driveway and no backyard!!" ... the first of which is somewhat true, the second part is highly-subjective and will get them in trouble if the listing agent/flipper finds out about it.

Old 04-22-2018, 04:24 PM

32,009 posts, read 36,668,783 times
I'd say positive comments only. There's too much subjectivity and potential for harm to allow negative comments.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:28 PM

9,359 posts, read 6,926,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
"This house a 2 car garage, 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The kitchen has white cabinets and stainless steel appliances" ... that's what I see.

Now, I did see one of their newbies just say "Steep driveway and no backyard!!" ... the first of which is somewhat true, the second part is highly-subjective and will get them in trouble if the listing agent/flipper finds out about it.
hmm if I have time sometime I'd provide links; however, I think forum TOS/rules state we can only provide realtor.com links.

Many of the comments I saw were along the lines (paraphrasing).... This house has been recently updated bathrooms and kitchen but still needs work in basement. Large house but backs up to a main street running through the neighborhood.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:58 AM

25,119 posts, read 16,146,620 times
makes me wonder about desmond's aptitude that this was the topic he went in the way back machine to revive in order to offer to lend me $$

Old 12-14-2018, 11:18 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,170,420 times
Quote:
Something like 350 million Facebook accounts are fake. That’s the population of the US. If you use Facebook for any type of purchase, well... that’s how we get a trillion dollar debt.
And, we have a contender for post of 2018 unless I hear on Facebook that you can't be trusted.

Old 12-14-2018, 11:53 AM

14,416 posts, read 11,954,182 times
???? This was such an odd thread. FWIW, still running three local real estate groups on facebook without any problems resulting from the comment feature. Facebook marketplace too, has kindof taken over and replaced Craigslist for local garage sale type items.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:37 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 22 days ago)

43,176 posts, read 76,815,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
???? This was such an odd thread. FWIW, still running three local real estate groups on facebook without any problems resulting from the comment feature. Facebook marketplace too, has kindof taken over and replaced Craigslist for local garage sale type items.
Comments on YOUR firm listings, or on listings in the MLS feed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate