Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 05:08 PM

4,608 posts, read 3,301,434 times

Advertisements

Often there's a reason for strange or blurry pics- and it's not for the benefit of the potential buyer. We once looked at a condo that had great pictures of the interior but a strangely blurry pic of the kitchen. Guess what? When we got in there I saw a really botched job of granite countertop that had a seam right in the middle of the front of the sink - and rather than an undersink installation it was the old SS sink, installed over the top. The idea of those pics was obviously just to get the potential buyer into the place, and maybe he would be so taken with everything else he'd decide to buy anyway. Caveat etc.etc.etc..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 01:51 PM

23,303 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Just for fun, how about folks posting the least informative real estate photos ever found? It might be a real howl. The one showing a big fish on the wall sounds like a keeper (pun intended).

Old 05-20-2018, 09:58 AM

16 posts, read 27,434 times
This thread Is so hilarious. Serious question here. We just listed out house and I’m happy with the photos taken. What I would like your opinion on is my decor. Do you think I should put my rugs on the floors. The realtor says keep them off to showcase the new wood tile. I think no rugs are fine in the photos as they do make rooms look larger. But when showing the house, wouldn’t they warm things up? I go back and forth on this. In the long run, does it really matter? Also, should I change out the “Hello Sunshine”bath curtain? Suggestions appreciated! TIA, Mo

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...6_M51358-33082

Old 05-20-2018, 10:15 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,674,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Just for fun, how about folks posting the least informative real estate photos ever found? It might be a real howl. The one showing a big fish on the wall sounds like a keeper (pun intended).
Hah! I just came across this candidate the other day. What a waste of pixels.

How NOT to showcase your client's house...-squirrel.jpg

Old 05-20-2018, 10:31 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
This thread Is so hilarious. Serious question here. We just listed out house and I’m happy with the photos taken. What I would like your opinion on is my decor. Do you think I should put my rugs on the floors. The realtor says keep them off to showcase the new wood tile. I think no rugs are fine in the photos as they do make rooms look larger. But when showing the house, wouldn’t they warm things up? I go back and forth on this. In the long run, does it really matter? Also, should I change out the “Hello Sunshine”bath curtain? Suggestions appreciated! TIA, Mo

The sunshine bath curtain has to go I always advised sellers to leave the shower curtain(s) pulled back, maybe tied with an attractive ribbon. Pull them back to let the prospective buyers see what is behind there. Also please keep the toilet seat(s) down.

Just a suggestion: a few green plants on the beautiful but bare kitchen counters or shelf would be attractive. Yes …. put an attractive, subtle, carpet at the front entry door; and maybe one other well placed in front of a sliding glass door , but not at all of them.

The home is beautiful and comfortable looking. Best wishes on a successful sale and relocation.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...6_M51358-33082[/quote]

Last edited by QuilterChick; 05-20-2018 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: Added suggestion

Old 05-20-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post

The sunshine bath curtain has to go I always advised sellers to leave the shower curtain(s) pulled back, maybe tied with an attractive ribbon. Pull them back to let the prospective buyers see what is behind there. Also please keep the toilet seat(s) down.

Just a suggestion: a few green plants on the beautiful but bare kitchen counters or shelf would be attractive. Yes …. put an attractive, subtle, carpet at the front entry door; and maybe one other well placed in front of a sliding glass door , but not at all of them.

The home is beautiful and comfortable looking. Best wishes on a successful sale and relocation.

[/quote]

Thank you for the helpful suggestions!!! 😊

Old 05-20-2018, 11:49 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,301,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom1311 View Post

They did a great job with the photos. I second the suggestion to minimize the effect of the shower curtains. Just pull them back. A ribbon tie is nice, or just straight hang is ok too. People nowadays feel there must be something wrong with the works behind the shower curtain if it is not pulled; also it makes the bathroom look a tad smaller with the curtain closed.

My advice on your beautiful floors is that the eye needs just a little relief because of the varied grain and color of the boards. I would give it in the form of a "new type" shag area rug in the center of the living room, in the lightest shade of the floorboards, not a print, just a plain rug.

Old 05-20-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
They did a great job with the photos. I second the suggestion to minimize the effect of the shower curtains. Just pull them back. A ribbon tie is nice, or just straight hang is ok too. People nowadays feel there must be something wrong with the works behind the shower curtain if it is not pulled; also it makes the bathroom look a tad smaller with the curtain closed.

My advice on your beautiful floors is that the eye needs just a little relief because of the varied grain and color of the boards. I would give it in the form of a "new type" shag area rug in the center of the living room, in the lightest shade of the floorboards, not a print, just a plain rug.

Yes, great ideas! Thank you!

Old 05-20-2018, 02:29 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom1311 View Post

I'd change out pink bath curtain for a white one, and use white hand towels.
Not wild about the hello sunshine curtain. I'd go nuetral.
Leave rugs out.

Old 05-20-2018, 02:45 PM

14,486 posts, read 12,114,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
While I think the place will show fine, rugs or no rugs, I will guess that the varying wood grain is not nearly as *striking* in person as it is in these pictures. The trouble, IMHO, with HD photos is the way they turn all the textures and colors to 11, when in person... they're probably a 6.

These aren't too bad, some photographers these days crank it up until it looks like a video game, not a real house.

Sometimes rugs will prevent damage, particularly from sliding chairs. If you use the table, and if the chairs may damage the floors without them... then put rugs down. Or felt pads on the chairs.

Do whatever is easiest to keep clean and live with these next few weeks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate