Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 12:13 PM

199 posts, read 127,943 times

Advertisements

I found a website that you have to pay money to view most of the info but it said it was sold to a 3rd party and $209K was owed on it. Also it said Plaintiff was Wells Fargo bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 12:43 PM

718 posts, read 594,901 times
I believe I know what website you are referring to.

The Plaintiff is the "lender," your neighbors are the "defendants." Seems a third party purchased the property at an auction sale/sheriff sale. The $209K can be off +/- $XXXXX.

As you live down the street, you can see if there are contractor's coming in to work on the property, let your friend know and have them proceed from there, possibly before it hits the MLS. Could also be the third party may have purchased to live in or as an investment to rent. Only time will tell.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:47 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,108,291 times
my former house was foreclosed on some months ago, we only received one letter saying it was going to be foreclosed. did not hear from them again until last week when they said that one of the two mortgage holders was requiring the house be sold at auction on June 1, 2018.
Two of my sons still live in the house and I have no idea if they have to be out by June 1 or if they have to be served with eviction papers and have some legally specified time to get out.
Anyway the sheriff is conducting the auction.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:45 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,622,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
my former house was foreclosed on some months ago, we only received one letter saying it was going to be foreclosed. did not hear from them again until last week when they said that one of the two mortgage holders was requiring the house be sold at auction on June 1, 2018.
Two of my sons still live in the house and I have no idea if they have to be out by June 1 or if they have to be served with eviction papers and have some legally specified time to get out.
Did you not know you weren't paying?

Old 05-21-2018, 04:09 PM

718 posts, read 594,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Did you not know you weren't paying?
I'm sure they knew they were not paying the mortgage note. Poster was only stating they are not aware of when an eviction, if necessary, will take place. It's already under auction for sale.

No need to intimate negative assumptions towards someone who is already in a bad situation. Just sayin.'

Old 05-21-2018, 06:09 PM

6,512 posts, read 8,291,816 times
Quote:
They should plan to be out by the day it goes up for auction. An eviction on their records will make it difficult for them to find a LL willing to rent to them.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:25 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,664,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
They should plan to be out by the day it goes up for auction. An eviction on their records will make it difficult for them to find a LL willing to rent to them.
Yes, once it sells at auction anyone still in the house in now trespassing on the new owners property. If you don't leave willingly then an eviction will force you out; however, you then have that on your credit and most landlords will not rent to you or ask for an insane deposit or many months of upfront rent.

Old 05-26-2018, 07:38 AM

5,100 posts, read 6,009,300 times
Quote:

Who were the lien holders who were foreclosed on? Your sons? Yourself? someone else? Are/were they paying rent? Do they have a lease?

Old 05-28-2018, 02:27 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,750,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna4k View Post
My neighbors down the street advised they were moving and my friend is interested in buying this house. I was going to get more info from the neighbors but haven’t been able to catch them. Last night googled the address and on Blockshoppers it said it was sold last month by the county sherrif and the owners (their last name was listed) to a company listed with LLC next to it. Googled that company and couldn’t find anything. Then i also came across a page that said it was listed as a foreclosure last month. Are sherrifs involved in forclosures? Also, will this property be harder for my friend to purchase if it’s a foreclosure?
One thing to consider is that your neighbors and the LLC listed as the new owner may be one and the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate