Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:52 AM

414 posts, read 1,254,660 times

Advertisements

In a word? Karma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 01:57 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,759,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Sterlinggirl: Did it say the builder is paying reduced fees? I don't recall seeing that anywhere.

We didn't "research the post" but we read the information provided by the OP that stated the original agent had wrote up the offer.
It's number four on her itemized list.....

Quote:
4. I certainly get the impression she would rather not deal with this developer, who refuses to pay her requested 3% commission (he's willing to pay 3% for the first $100k and then 1% after that - still over $5K).
I bet she'd be lucky to have an observant professional on her side

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 03-31-2008 at 02:15 PM..

Old 03-31-2008, 03:36 PM

10,900 posts, read 21,858,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
It's number four on her itemized list.....

I bet she'd be lucky to have an observant professional on her side
I did notice that and had forgot about it. The builder is shooting himself in the foot over nickels and dimes IMO but a good professional won't care about that as long as the buyer is happy. Realtors won't be happy, but will be more concerned about a happy client.

I do wonder about the builder's business sense here as obviously the local Realtors, at least the 2 this buyer has worked with, don't like to take him buyers. Maybe he isn't reputable as the buyer claims. If he's so desperate as to lose potential business by trying to scrape together as much as that maybe he's not doing so well. Of course, maybe he does so well he stands behind is product that much that he can afford it. I don't know, either way don't have enough info anyhow. Always 2 sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate