Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 01:16 PM

32,658 posts, read 48,053,996 times

Advertisements

I don't think it looks bad. I'm not buying the furniture, so I tend to ignore staging. Although, professionally staged houses almost always have good paint and clean carpet. I do appreciate that.

I am looking at floor plan, neighborhood, distance to shopping, schools, jobs, repairs needed, updates needed. Floor plan and neighborhood are the important ones and have nothing to do with decor that won't even be left in the house.

Some of the things i dont like cost to fix and that cost might come off my offered price, but most often, problems can be fixed, as long as they aren't location or floor plan. I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at a house because it had an artistically draped afghan.

The real problem with afghans and beautiful shawls is that they probably belong to a stager so I can't make my offer contingent on getting the afghan with the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 07:48 PM

374 posts, read 693,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
If the home is for sale, the golden rule is:

Shower curtain open or tied back, show spotless shower & tub, remove all items.

Toilet seat: DOWN !

If the home is not for sale and you're not expecting guests, anything goes, it's your palace.
YES! We're talking about listing photos, not your everyday life. If you can't bother to clean the grout or remove your products for a photo, then what else haven't you bothered to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate