Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 12:31 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,404,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon432 View Post
Charleygal-- Please don't call be biased or racist. The only color that matters here is green. Like the money that will be used for a down payment.
Huh? You think a realtor is showing a house to people who can't raise the appropriate down payment? How do you know this?

You mentioned safety in your original post. How is all this connecting? You aren't making any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
LMAO I did this once, actually.

Raleigh Court neighborhood in Roanoke, VA. Nice family oriented 'hood, very desired in that city.

A neighbor/friend from a few doors down was over my house once when an agent showed up with a couple to show the house right next door to me. Neither of us liked the look of the folks.

We ran outside and started yapping away at them, as though we were bored Desperate Housewives and nosy as hell.

We carried on, saying how "friendly and close" all on "the block/in the 'hood" were, how we all would be visiting them and getting all up in their business (so to speak), we asked inappropriate/rude qs, we came off as horrid busybodies. We made crass comments. We made comments that would make them not want us for neighbors.

They didn't go in the house for the showing after that! I was thrilled. The house was later purchased by an attorney, a prosecutor for the city. *sigh of relief*

#noshameinclassism
What about their looks didn't you like? Their clothes? Their car? You were able to judge their "class" by a glance?

Old 11-23-2018, 12:39 PM

7,894 posts, read 12,597,313 times
How about if some dirtbag rides up on a very loud Harley to look at the place and you dislike loud noises. You know he is going to disturb the peace regularly.

How about if some immature youngster is looking at it and he leaves his music "thumping" in the driveway. Are you going to want a neighbor like that?

It's funny how people jump on the racial bias bandwagon when there are some very normal reasons for not wanting a particular neighbor.

Having written the above I do not think it would be neighborly (to the current owner) to try and sabotage the sale of property. If you have a thing about noise you need to live where it isn't an issue.

Old 11-23-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
How about if some dirtbag rides up on a very loud Harley to look at the place and you dislike loud noises. You know he is going to disturb the peace regularly.

How about if some immature youngster is looking at it and he leaves his music "thumping" in the driveway. Are you going to want a neighbor like that?

It's funny how people jump on the racial bias bandwagon when there are some very normal reasons for not wanting a particular neighbor.

Having written the above I do not think it would be neighborly (to the current owner) to try and sabotage the sale of property. If you have a thing about noise you need to live where it isn't an issue.
The OP mentioned bias. Harley riders and music lovers don't have a right to live in a neighborhood? What makes how YOU live so wonderful?

Old 11-23-2018, 01:38 PM

32,491 posts, read 47,436,183 times
You mean like they unload a dozen kids who run around the yard shrieking and breaking the shrubbery?

Their car has a great big advertisement on the side for drum lessons?

Their big strong aggressive dog jumps out of the car, chases you into your house and kills your cat?

There are a lot of reasons to not want certain people next door. Look at the rental forum, tenants complaining bitterly about their neighbors and nothing about it anything to do with race. If you get bad neighbors, it's hard to move if you own your house.

Most of the bad neighbor things you won't learn about until after they buy and move in. Whoever it is, you are kinda stuck. As a neighbor, you don't get to control who buys next door. Actually, as a seller, you have almost no control over who buys, as long as they offer your price and meet your terms.

This is where an HOA can be good. It keeps out the purple house painters, the pig farmers, and the car repair in the front yard business.

Old 11-23-2018, 01:43 PM

43,028 posts, read 76,529,724 times
Nasty thread on budnippin Pick one, or several:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mj6B4DtNyM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de_P2aUZJyA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSyueBoC9mE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwjWyFN-Leg

Old 11-23-2018, 02:11 PM

3,550 posts, read 3,082,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post

We ran outside and started yapping away at them, as though we were bored Desperate Housewives and nosy as hell.

We carried on, saying how "friendly and close" all on "the block/in the 'hood" were, how we all would be visiting them and getting all up in their business (so to speak), we asked inappropriate/rude qs, we came off as horrid busybodies. We made crass comments. We made comments that would make them not want us for neighbors.

The one problem with this tactic is you're bound to get someone who really DIGS what you're doing.

They'll move in, and on the first day rush right over to get in on the fun! And they'll say "So glad we saw you two. We weren't going to buy here, the neighborhood seems too quiet. Too stuffy! Thank god you two showed us that people like US live here! Can't wait to invite all our friends over to participate!"

Old 11-23-2018, 02:22 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,862,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piney Creek View Post
The one problem with this tactic is you're bound to get someone who really DIGS what you're doing.

They'll move in, and on the first day rush right over to get in on the fun! And they'll say "So glad we saw you two. We weren't going to buy here, the neighborhood seems too quiet. Too stuffy! Thank god you two showed us that people like US live here! Can't wait to invite all our friends over to participate!"
LMAO I'm WEAK

Wouldn't THAT have been a kick in the head!

Old 11-23-2018, 02:24 PM

32,491 posts, read 47,436,183 times
I guess I should mention that if you are too obvious about discouraging buyers, you could end up involved in a lawsuit for interfering in the neighbor's business.

Old 11-23-2018, 02:24 PM

7,894 posts, read 12,597,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
The OP mentioned bias. Harley riders and music lovers don't have a right to live in a neighborhood? What makes how YOU live so wonderful?
The O.P. never mentioned RACIAL bias.

What gives rude people the right to disturb their neighbors with their hobbies? I am bias against inconsiderate idiots.

What makes how I live so wonderful? I do not disturb my neighbors; more people ought to try it!

Last edited by Wartrace; 11-23-2018 at 03:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate