Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 02:30 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,984,353 times

Advertisements

I agree that cash does make a difference. I have read on these boards many, many times how someone's financing fell through. Financing doesn't fall through with cash and would make me feel more comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 03:11 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,315,824 times
But, I wouldn't accept an offer unless they had their financing secured...so really doesn't matter to me. And I think most people wouldn't take an offer without the letter and down payment and earnest money.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:45 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,811 times
Yeah I would want to see some earnest money and see that they had their financing in order. But whether it was cash or whatever it makes no difference at closing.

Closing sooner would be a plus I suppose. At least the seller could know the buyer isn't blowing smoke if he has the cash to do the deal. But a buyer with cash could back out just as easily as one who is paying with a loan.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:44 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,985,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagarden View Post
We found a house that is listed at 295, it's in pretty good shape except for needing new roof, new windows and new outside doors plus a couple of other little things. The comps in the area are selling for 250.
We want to offer cash with a quick settlement date. We are planning on doing an inspection, but not asking for repairs. We want to reflect that in the offer price and do the repairs ourself. I keep seeing that the market is going to continue to go down. What would you offer?
I'm not in a position to tell you what to offer. You're local agent should be in a position to put together comps and interpret the data to help you make a pricing decision. However, for a fast closing and getting the best price put down a large earnest money check and don't nitpick in the offer. Just make it a nice clean offer. If you're taking out a mortgage get the approval done where you just need to locate the property and can close fast. Have your paperwork turned in and the lender ready to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate