Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 02:12 PM

1,279 posts, read 851,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
You mean sort of like you telling others that there is video evidence that the Board president is running a brothel out of a spare bedroom?

That sort of slander?
Slander is a false statement. I haven’t destroyed property and thus there is no video evidence.

There is actual video evidence of the brothel. A neighbor filmed it last week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 02:18 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
Slander is a false statement. I haven’t destroyed property and thus there is no video evidence.

There is actual video evidence of the brothel. A neighbor filmed it last week.
How is it filmed? Were people shown having sex and then exchanging money for services? I am just unsure how you would have video evidence of a brothel.

Old 02-28-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
How is it filmed? Were people shown having sex and then exchanging money for services? I am just unsure how you would have video evidence of a brothel.
Camera set on the brothel’s door and a microphone set up against the door.

Old 02-28-2019, 02:42 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
You mean sort of like you telling others that there is video evidence that the Board president is running a brothel out of a spare bedroom?

That sort of slander?
lol

Old 02-28-2019, 02:44 PM

OP, slander is something you could sue for, but to what end? What damages do you have? And you said you are not up for court?

Old 02-28-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
OP, slander is something you could sue for, but to what end? What damages do you have? And you said you are not up for court?
Correct. This isn’t worth suing over because the damages are pretty hard to determine. It just needs to stop. Who’d want her reputation tarnished by lies?

Old 02-28-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Correct. This isn’t worth suing over because the damages are pretty hard to determine. It just needs to stop. Who’d want her reputation tarnished by lies?
You can't make anything stop. You aren't willing to DO anything. You want 'someone' to do something about all of it. You are someone. A demand letter for financials is not expensive. A Cease and Desist letter is not expensive, if you are willing to DO something. Complaining to them isn't going to do a damn bit of good.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:01 PM

My personal rule is that I give my two cents to the board but if they don't take it I have to ask myself, am I willing to take legal action? If the answer is no, I forget about whatever it is.

We have people who ***** and ***** and harass them and all they are doing is wasting their time. They won't run for the board, etc., they just expect the board to do what they say. I mean whatever. It's their heads banging against brick walls, not mine.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
You can't make anything stop. You aren't willing to DO anything. You want 'someone' to do something about all of it. You are someone. A demand letter for financials is not expensive. A Cease and Desist letter is not expensive, if you are willing to DO something. Complaining to them isn't going to do a damn bit of good.

I did a demand letter. The board flipped and the board president physically threatened me while I was walking to work. Many of the other owners supported me, but the board didn't provide what the letter requested: copies of financial records that are required by law to be provided.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I did a demand letter. The board flipped and the board president physically threatened me while I was walking to work. Many of the other owners supported me, but the board didn't provide what the letter requested: copies of financial records that are required by law to be provided.
Then you needed to go to small claims court, and you chose not to. No point in a demand letter you are not willing to back up. Well, sometimes it works all by itself, but not with these loonies.

We had a loony board that kept wanting to stall until 3 of us were ready to go to court and they caved. Their lawyer knew damn good and well they would lose. He had even told me yes, they DO have to provide those. There is some sort of logistical problem. (which was bs). JP/small claims court is not expensive or onerous for such a simple demand that is so obviously lawful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate