Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Best of luck to you. Stinks that was once OK is now not and for no solid reason other then they changed laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 02:46 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Song, you're best bet is to probably take out the closet and sell it as a 2 bedroom with den
I think that's what we're going to have to do. Commissioners court did not give us a varience last night. We also found out the house has the incorrect measurments. The original appraisal and the one taken a couple years ago show different measurments so we went out to measure ourselves and came up with measurments that match the original so now the county will be coming out again and taking measurements. That solves the problem of part of the septic now as our house is under 1600 ft. and doesn't need a larger septic but we still need to designate it to a 2 br so we are waiting to hear if we can remove the rods from the closets in one of the rooms, stick a shelf in and take down the doors. Otherwise, we will have to tear out the closets. Ididotic or what? Only in Fredericksburg, Texas. Never had so much trouble selling a house. The buyers agent told me the other day that that's the reason people hire attourneys when buying a house. Huh??? I've never hired an attourney to buy or sell a house.
We've still got to get an elevation survey done, (this has to do with the addition of the house possibly being in the flood plane.)
The house is a brownish color. I'm waiting to hear if that's okay with the county or if we should paint it blue.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:03 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times
Oh definitely blue, and could you move the house a couple of feet to the north while you're at it?

My my, I thought my county was nuts about these things.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:23 PM

15,572 posts, read 40,409,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
The house is a brownish color. I'm waiting to hear if that's okay with the county or if we should paint it blue.
I would go with carnation pink myself.

Oregon is like this as well.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:34 PM

Thanks for the color suggestions. Maybe I'll go with pink and blue.
What's the world coming to when it comes to piddley s*** like the issues I've posted? I think the people that come up with this stuff need to

Old 04-15-2008, 03:50 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,410,363 times
Here in Alaska we have a septic system and now that we are trying to sell the house they too said that our septic system failed although you wouldn't know it, we don't have any seepage, no puddles and no odor. the house is a 3 bedroom and my husband and I have lived here for th past 6 years kids have moved out, so as long as it's just 2 of us all is ok but if we were to put as many poeple in the house that the 3 bedroom would hold we would stress the system. So we are putting in a new leach field, well we will put enough funds into escrow to have it done by the new owners, the ground is still frozen up here and can't dig.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:54 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,120,292 times
song: I have come up against similar situations, but unfortunately none were in Texas. Logic dictates that is you remove the closet doors and shelve it in, and remove the wall switch and closet light ( if the closet has them), then this would constitute a den. Anyone in your realtor's office should be able to tell you that. Also, you could call those "experts" and entrenched civil servants who "work" in the building dept and ask them what the difference is between a bedroom and a den?

Maybe, just to confuse those highly intelligent underpaid civil servants () you could hang a cardboard sign over the room entry door that reads "DEN".

My two cents...

Old 04-15-2008, 05:58 PM

Good idea BeachBatz but at this point, I'm not sure most of these 'highly intelligent' folks would understand the word 'Den' unless it's in Spanish, German or Dumba**

Old 04-15-2008, 06:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Hey..put shelves in the closet and call it a library room. See how they react to that one

Old 04-16-2008, 12:07 PM

Thanks Happy Texan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate