Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 07:45 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times

Advertisements

others have been right on target. Also, no one (except the inspector maybe) will pay a bit of attention to mixed brands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 07:49 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I recently upgraded the showerhead in my bathroom to a Moen Magnetix Engage, since the existing showerhead was looking corroded. Also, my parents have a Delta In2ition showerhead in the master bathroom.

I was wondering, if we were to move in the future, how much do fancy showerheads increase resale value? There is one more bathroom (the guest bathroom) that still has its original showerhead installed by the builder, but that one is still in good condition since that shower is rarely used. Also, does pairing a Moen showerhead with Delta fixtures (shower arm/handle/spout/valve) affect resale value vs. using the same brand throughout?
I know this is going to come as a remarkable shock to you, but most "normal" buyers aren't going to be checking that the brand names match on all the accoutrements when they are house hunting.

And here's another pearl clutcher for you, some folks couldn't even care what the brand is! I know, crazy world, right?

Old 04-24-2019, 08:03 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,338,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
others have been right on target. Also, no one (except the inspector maybe) will pay a bit of attention to mixed brands.
One thing I know where the brand must match to work properly is the valve and the valve trim. Even with the same brand, different types of valve trim may require a different model of valve. Everything else (shower arm, showerhead, and spout) can be any brand without any issue.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:23 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Zero is correct.

We had extremely high end shower fixtures and faucets installed in one bathroom. The shower fixture cost somewhere around $2500 ten plus years ago (they sent the sink fixture for free because the shower fixture got delayed in shipping for several months). Now I think they run around $6000 for the shower set up and another $1200 for the sink fixture.

The only change the new owner made to the plumbing in that bathroom was to tear our the uber expensive fixtures and replace them with fixtures from Home Depot.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:35 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Nothing. An isolated fixture or two here and there is irrelevant. If ALL of your fixtures and trim are high end that may make a tiny, tiny, bit of difference, because the house as a whole will be viewed a bit more favorably. This would require high end shower fixtures, sinks, door knobs, locks, base molding, thermostats, etc.

If your guest bathroom has a functional shower head, leave it alone.

As for brand, I moved into my house 6 years ago, and it has some nice fixtures. I couldn’t tell you the brand or brands of any of them.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:48 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Zero is correct.

We had extremely high end shower fixtures and faucets installed in one bathroom. The shower fixture cost somewhere around $2500 ten plus years ago (they sent the sink fixture for free because the shower fixture got delayed in shipping for several months). Now I think they run around $6000 for the shower set up and another $1200 for the sink fixture.

The only change the new owner made to the plumbing in that bathroom was to tear our the uber expensive fixtures and replace them with fixtures from Home Depot.
Holy crap! What kind of shower fixture costs $2500?

And who chooses to pay $2500 for a shower head, and on what basis?

Old 04-24-2019, 08:58 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Not a penny of difference. Except if you do an extra large curbless shower with a rain forest shower head plus two other shower heads.

That might not get you any more money but it would help to sell the house quicker.
The appraisal won’t give you anything really $ for $ that you spent
A working shower head w/o a leak is just that a working shower head—no difference as to upper/lower cost

But appealing to a buyer can happen as people mentioned and help find a buyer quicker
Most people want instant move-in
Vs buying knowing you want/need to remodel something as major as a bathroom...

Mixing fixtures/brands like Moen and Delta isn’t really an issue as long as the finish is the same
There is some difference between Moen and Delta ORB and other brands
Chrome usually looks pretty much the same
Nickel has some slight differences

We have master shower with a Moen valve that controls two shower heads—one a rain head in ceiling, one a wall-mounted...and then a 2nd wall mounted fixture that is Delta valve...there is some different to be seen since they are on the same wall...

Old 04-24-2019, 09:32 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
A bathroom that is extremely clean and well maintained will matter a lot more than a particular showerhead, particularly when the ones you are talking about are not really "fancy" to start with.

I put this in my master bathroom shower and I don't think increases the value per se, but it's part of an overall impression of a more luxurious, spa-like bathroom which I think might help sell my house in a more general sense. Then again, I'm not planning on moving for another dozen or so years, so it's not really all that relevant anyway

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...7,925&recidx=2

Old 04-24-2019, 12:13 PM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,342 times
Quote:
I recently upgraded the showerhead in my bathroom to a Moen Magnetix Engage, since the existing showerhead was looking corroded. Also, my parents have a Delta In2ition showerhead in the master bathroom.

I was wondering, if we were to move in the future, how much do fancy showerheads increase resale value? There is one more bathroom (the guest bathroom) that still has its original showerhead installed by the builder, but that one is still in good condition since that shower is rarely used. Also, does pairing a Moen showerhead with Delta fixtures (shower arm/handle/spout/valve) affect resale value vs. using the same brand throughout?
I'd say zippo. Its a thing that can be easily replaced by the new buyer. I don't think people really care.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:22 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:

Personally, I hate those types of shower heads, so I'd see it as a (tiny) negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate