Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 07:37 AM

28,455 posts, read 85,332,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
There was no backup offer. When the first buyer dropped out, the listing agent called our buyers agent and we had an agreement within a few hours. We weren't going to screw it up twice. Thanks all!
It sort of amazes me when folks don’t understand that the agents really do want to get deals done that serve the interests of buyers & sellers — no way some “automated system” would function as well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 09:49 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,405,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
All's well that ends well.
Indeed.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
It sort of amazes me when folks don’t understand that the agents really do want to get deals done that serve the interests of buyers & sellers — no way some “automated system” would function as well...
I don't doubt that. I only wish buyers and sellers could talk directly some, we had some misunderstandings that might have been cleared up easily, though maybe not. Our sellers did some thoughtful things, and some thoughtless things, but we're not going to quibble over that nonsense.

We've sold our house here, and we've bent over backwards to give the benefit of the doubt to our buyers. Accommodated all their HI requests (about $1000 worth). That was not the case with the house we bought, the sellers took advantage at every opportunity down to tiny $ decisions...

My two favorite "sleights,"
  • they left wall brackets for shelves in the butlers pantry, and took the shelves
  • they left the TV mount wall brackets (2) as required but took the arms that go with the bracket that attach to the TV's. The mount system is discontinued so the wall brackets are useless to us and the arms they took are useless to them. Huh? Lose-lose.
On the other hand, we noticed they left behind a full tray of flatware. And offered to forward them at our expense. They got their flatware despite the petty stuff...

Old 06-25-2019, 10:10 AM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Did you ask them about the arms for the tv mounts? Whoever took it down may not have known how they came loose. They may still have them.

Old 06-25-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Did you ask them about the arms for the tv mounts? Whoever took it down may not have known how they came loose. They may still have them.
They're long gone, and I am certain they'd never send them back. I'll just buy a new mount (penny wise, pound foolish), and assume they didn't realize they were leaving us and themselves with half a TV mount - unusable for either. We know moving is chaotic...

Old 06-27-2019, 05:39 AM

3,052 posts, read 2,923,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
So we ended up getting this house after all our mistakes, closed last Wed. Funny old world ain’t it...

We got a lot of help from many here, along with other threads. We’re grateful.
I'm so happy for you! I was hoping this type of post was what the update was from May. Yay!!!!!

(by the way--emotiioo was totally off-base in his/her posts about your situation. I so understand why you felt you should have backed out that night--you guys are married and if one of you is having a meltdown about the move, for you just to say in essence "oh well" and go through with it is not the right decision. He/she may not understand that and may have looked at it as "taking your toys away". That post even stung me.).

I'm so, so happy for you guys. I used to live in NC and have some very fond memories of it. I actually just bought a house I really love here in Gettysburg (without all the drama, thank the Lord) and it is wonderful to have an offer accepted on a home you love.

Best wishes!!! Please keep us updated! -Anne

Old 06-27-2019, 05:41 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
I'm so happy for you! I was hoping this type of post was what the update was from May. Yay!!!!!

(by the way--emotiioo was totally off-base in his/her posts about your situation. I so understand why you felt you should have backed out that night--you guys are married and if one of you is having a meltdown about the move, for you just to say in essence "oh well" and go through with it is not the right decision. He/she may not understand that and may have looked at it as "taking your toys away". That post even stung me.).

I'm so, so happy for you guys. I used to live in NC and have some very fond memories of it. I actually just bought a house I really love here in Gettysburg (without all the drama, thank the Lord) and it is wonderful to have an offer accepted on a home you love.

Best wishes!!! Please keep us updated! -Anne

Gettysburg?
Absolutely stunningly beautiful area.
Congratulations!

Old 06-27-2019, 05:51 AM

3,052 posts, read 2,923,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Gettysburg?
Absolutely stunningly beautiful area.
Congratulations!
Awww, thanks! It is beautiful here. And I love my new home! : )

(I used to live in Morganton, NC and I thought it was such a beautiful area there too).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate