Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 09:28 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

Also, you may want to roll the barbecue along side the air conditioning unit. Then when you take the photo of the living room from behind the sofa, you can see the deck with the table and chairs. Just a bit of the barbecue might show. Might make the deck look more spacious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 12:30 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
Your photos should make it look like a model -- nobody's home -- everything is clean and tidy---everything is put away

When you take a photo of the exterior ...please WAIT and time it when the SUN IS ON THE BUILDING!

Old 08-09-2019, 01:11 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Can you link to the one that sold for more that is exactly the same?

Old 08-09-2019, 02:31 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,322,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Your photos should make it look like a model -- nobody's home -- everything is clean and tidy---everything is put away

When you take a photo of the exterior ...please WAIT and time it when the SUN IS ON THE BUILDING!
The OP place looks too “ lived-in”. It is too dark and heavy visually, looks dated and depressing. Does not look “ clean”, though I am sure it is.
The goal is to make it look like in a tv show “ the after” look- clean, light, airy, cohesive...

Remove “talking” to you wall decorations- so overused and passé; cleaning supplies, remove apron from the wall as well as pot holders, dish towels- unless it is a small new crisp white and neatly folded.

Your dining table is again too dark and clunky- set it with white/ cream plates and white/ cream placemats- any light colors is better- silvery? Yellow? Mocca?
Once you decide on your lighter color for accessories- go with the same color in every room and a balcony.
Remove 2 shelves flanking tv and a bookcase ( or at least everything from the inside of bookcase- you could put some white vase? Other white decor?- to visually lighten the room inside if you have to keep it.

Remove a chair and a half. Replace your pillows with 2 new solid light color and a white/ cream knitted throw- neatly folded on the sofa.

Balcony: scrub the floor with the cleaning solution which returns the wood floor to a new clean look. Stain it light color solid stain, not paint! You will be surprised how new and expensive it would look for a very little money and elbow grease.
Remove all your plants - they don’t look good now- their scale is too small- they look like a maintenance chore: set the table with nice set of light colored or bright plates and new seat cushions ? If money allows.

Your bedroom needs white bedding and crisp white pillows- hide the pillows you currently have- visit/ look at hotel bedrooms. You can use that white set just for showings.
New fluffy crisp white towel in a bathroom- no products on the counter. Place a white orchid? on a showing day there? TJ sells them cheap.

Show your townhouse assets: the office should be another bedroom.
Borrow or get free Craigslist bed? Even twin is better than just desk. Your may keep the desk in the second bedroom if the place allows- corner desks are hogs of space. Get everything off the walls.

Your “ gym” space I don’t get- is it another room? Unpleasant and cluttered- looks like storage?
Again- the bedroom is more valuable than gym. Don’t force your lifestyle on potential buyers- it could make them feel bad about themselves.
Overall look ito lighting your place with more lamps- floor and table- your coral,orange, tan colors should look very warm and inviting in the evening shots of your place with all possible sources of lights on.
Possibly even clear lights on the balcony.
Remove all personal and photo items- all small items on all surfaces- think a hotel room
Take the same clean, bright, uncluttered photos for garage and laundry.
Take shots of outside on a bright sunny days- to show off the neighborhood.
If you plan on moving- why not pack all the unnecessary for showing items to a box and place it neatly in a storage or garage- get matching boxes same size- so they look neat. Add fancy white label on the boxes if they will be visible during showing in your storage location.
Sell that humongous chair on a Craigslist? As well as shelves ?
Will be easier to move?

Last edited by Nik4me; 08-09-2019 at 03:09 PM..

Old 08-09-2019, 06:30 PM

21 posts, read 11,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Can you link to the one that sold for more that is exactly the same?
It hasn’t been sold, it went on the market a few days ago. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...61620919_zpid/

Old 08-09-2019, 07:37 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
the other townhouse - nice front photo- photo of the row of thomes,the LR looks more open even though they also have the heavy chair like yours. The room looks larger because it has less in it and on the walls.

If your community has amenities you need to show them -- at the end.

Your one room, with your office, is a dark blue?....paint light and take down and away any and everything you do not need--or find a place to put it out of site. I like shot out the patio...makes it look open and a comfy place to sit. Don't need the walk-in shot but the words need to be in the description. Don't need the bathroom shots either.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:22 PM

I think whoever took the pictures of the other townhouse stretched the pictures to make the rooms look bigger...that’s another reason the rooms look so much bigger. If you look at the cabinets, they’re really wide in the pictures. They are not that wide lol.

Office looks dark blue because of the bad lighting...it’s not that dark. Same with the orange wall...it’s not that orange. That’s why I wanted new pictures and why I’ll be taking new ones myself. I won’t be painting. It will be something I consider though if I have to take the house off the market and try again in the spring.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:34 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
I really hate to see that kind of distortion in pictures.

Good luck getting some new, lighter ACCURATE pictures.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:16 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkl0526 View Post
I think whoever took the pictures of the other townhouse stretched the pictures to make the rooms look bigger...that’s another reason the rooms look so much bigger. If you look at the cabinets, they’re really wide in the pictures. They are not that wide lol.

Office looks dark blue because of the bad lighting...it’s not that dark. Same with the orange wall...it’s not that orange. That’s why I wanted new pictures and why I’ll be taking new ones myself. I won’t be painting. It will be something I consider though if I have to take the house off the market and try again in the spring.
How'd the photos turn out?

Old 08-12-2019, 08:03 PM

I actually had an offer come in yesterday (a really bad one). We’ve been going back and forth and I just found out it fell through. Not something I’m willing to accept. So we’ll hopefully be posting new pics within the next couple days!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate