Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 01:39 PM

586 posts, read 558,196 times

Advertisements

We are veering back into “this post is fake” territory again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 02:59 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,253,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrun1 View Post
My niece is well off . She will buy it in cash without a mortgage.

So all the siblings allowed mom to live in the house rent free for ten years with tenants paying for the taxes because she was so poor and her daughter can spend $600,000 cash on a house? What is wrong with this picture????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
So the niece could buy everyone out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
So whats the problem?

Get it appraised and tell her the price is $_________.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If the niece can afford $600k cash she can get a mortgage for the full $1.2M. She is trying to get a very steep discount at your expense.
OP, this is important. Read it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If the niece can afford $600k cash she can get a mortgage for the full $1.2M. She is trying to get a very steep discount at your expense.
Your niece is trying to cheat all of her aunts and uncles out of their inheritance from your parents. Sheesh! What a money grubbing, family-hating, jerk!

Old 09-30-2019, 04:45 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,727,885 times
Quote:
My niece is well off . She will buy it in cash without a mortgage.

If true, it should be apparent now why your niece is well off.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:19 PM

64 posts, read 41,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
So the niece could buy everyone out?
Exactly what we said too. My niece has nice cars , house , and goes on many vacations. When it comes to this i don’t know why she is acting broke.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelfer View Post
We are veering back into “this post is fake” territory again.
Like I said before I wish it was fake. Believe what you want to believe.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
:

Your niece is trying to cheat all of her aunts and uncles out of their inheritance from your parents. Sheesh! What a money grubbing, family-hating, jerk!

Yes, very greedy.

Old 09-30-2019, 07:12 PM

51,690 posts, read 25,966,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post

So all the siblings allowed mom to live in the house rent free for ten years with tenants paying for the taxes because she was so poor and her daughter can spend $600,000 cash on a house? What is wrong with this picture????

OP, this is important. Read it again.

I agree.

She can put down the $600K and finance the rest.

Problem solved.

Old 09-30-2019, 07:13 PM

51,690 posts, read 25,966,183 times
Quote:
Exactly what we said too. My niece has nice cars , house , and goes on many vacations. When it comes to this i don’t know why she is acting broke.
Because that's what people with money do. They often cheat others.

Old 09-30-2019, 07:57 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,098,647 times
Quote:
Because she wants you, and all of your siblings, to give her $75,000.

Grow a spine and lawyer up.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:22 PM

11,024 posts, read 7,885,218 times
Get the house appraised. Twice! Average the values if they are within 5% and use that as the price. If they are farther apart get a third and average the two that are closest; toss out the other. Tell the niece that is the price. Some of her aunts and uncles may care to give a discount to "keep the house in the family." Any sibling that cares to gift the niece any or all of their share may do so on their own and deal with the tax consequences themselves. Her mother, of course, would be expected to take no money from her daughter as she has been so generous with everyone else's money, but that's her call.

And find out about the rest of the estate and how the resident sister has proclaimed herself executor if there never was a will, you may all be facing IRS penalties for waiting so long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate