Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 11:46 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,259,750 times

Advertisements

It hasn't been said, so I'll be the one to fess up...

We don't give this information because MANY Sellers would choose to contact the showing agent. The # of times a Seller would need to contact the agent for what I call a legitimate reason:

*you left a door unlocked
*you or your client left a personal item behind
*somebody knocked a vase over and broke it

is a very small % of the calls I have received when the listing agent DOES routinely give out information (this happens with limited service listings often) ....

*what did you think?
*you left one of the lamps on that I had cut on, but the instructions asked you to cut lights off

and the most common....

*how dare you question the pricing or condition of my home! (after I have provided feedback)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 12:42 PM

6,837 posts, read 11,587,930 times
I wish there was some way for the lockbox to send a signal to an app that the box had been opened and closed, signifying the showing was complete. I am sort of interested in who the agent is that’s showing it, for the already mentioned reason of looking for 2nd showings. I could care less who the potential buyers are. If there’s some problem with the showing, I’ll contact my agent to straighten it out. Part of earning the commission, IMO.

Old 10-29-2019, 02:12 PM

13,064 posts, read 18,179,062 times
When we sold, the agent, at her suggestion, had to be present for every showing unless she advised us and if she was unable to make it, another person from her office would be there in her place. We had no lockbox on our house. The reason, since she worked for us - she wanted to be able to "sell" the features of the home as opposed to having a broker who worked for the buyer. Yes, she did benefit, because she was also the listing broker, but since she was willing to put the time it, I was happy to go along. Now to be fair, I had a ton of foot traffic the first open house and two returnees within days of the open house. The house was in contract within the month.

Old 10-29-2019, 07:04 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,267,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I'll even go a step further and state that I should have the name of the buyers, too. Why not?

In other words, why should the listing agent have the name of the buyer's agent, possibly even the potential buyers and not make that information readily available to the seller? The lack of transparency is troubling. What could I possibly do with that information that makes the listing agent hide it from me?
What could you possibly doing with that information, period? Why would you need the name of potential buyers who look at your house? If they make an offer, you'll get their name and if they don't, are you planning on contacting them to ask why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
When we sold, the agent, at her suggestion, had to be present for every showing unless she advised us and if she was unable to make it, another person from her office would be there in her place. We had no lockbox on our house. The reason, since she worked for us - she wanted to be able to "sell" the features of the home as opposed to having a broker who worked for the buyer. Yes, she did benefit, because she was also the listing broker, but since she was willing to put the time it, I was happy to go along. Now to be fair, I had a ton of foot traffic the first open house and two returnees within days of the open house. The house was in contract within the month.
I no longer remember the specific numbers, but I had something like 37 showings in the two weeks or so before my house was under contract. There were a couple of days with no showings but most days there were 2 or 3. I would never expect my agent to basically camp out at my house to be there for all of those showings. Maybe for a high priced property with lots of special amenities and there are a limited number of potential buyers, it might make sense to have the listing agent there. But not for the run of the mill house IMO.

Old 10-29-2019, 07:52 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,898,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
What could you possibly doing with that information, period? Why would you need the name of potential buyers who look at your house? If they make an offer, you'll get their name and if they don't, are you planning on contacting them to ask why not?

not saying the person you quoted would do it, but I read here on CD recently that someone wants to research social media of a buyer for their home prior to accepting an offer

Old 10-29-2019, 07:57 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,267,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
not saying the person you quoted would do it, but I read here on CD recently that someone wants to research social media of a buyer for their home prior to accepting an offer
Yes, but that means they have an offer with the person's name. What I asked was what would they do with the names of people who came to look but weren't interested in making an offer

Old 10-29-2019, 11:11 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,533,791 times
Tell your listing agent to screenshot the showingtime info with agent's info, and that you want an email or text when lockbox is opened/closed. You need to get the info from your listing agent if you want it. The local realtors assn isn't going to have showingtime redesigned for you.
I leave cards in occupied homes, and also use the showingtime app to let sellers know i am done. If the agent isn't using showingtime or home is on coded lockbox,, i text them when done.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:14 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,533,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
I wish there was some way for the lockbox to send a signal to an app that the box had been opened and closed, signifying the showing was complete. I am sort of interested in who the agent is that’s showing it, for the already mentioned reason of looking for 2nd showings. I could care less who the potential buyers are. If there’s some problem with the showing, I’ll contact my agent to straighten it out. Part of earning the commission, IMO.
Sentrilock sends a notice to listing agent when box is opened for showing, and when key is put back.

Old 10-29-2019, 11:20 PM

14,564 posts, read 12,219,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post

Our lockboxes do that.

Old 10-30-2019, 05:03 AM

43,377 posts, read 77,299,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Sentrilock sends a notice to listing agent when box is opened for showing, and when key is put back.

We only get notice if the buyers agent closes the lockbox when removing the key, and reopens it when putting it back.
If they leave it hanging open when showing, the only notice we get is "End of showing not confirmed" 90 minutes after the box is originally opened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate