Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 12:53 PM

10,057 posts, read 6,357,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomputer View Post
Wow. I find this thread surprising. I HATE my neighbors leaf blower noise. It is a high pitched whine. I think the OP and others truly find this upsetting. You must lay there in the morning waiting for it to begin.

That said, I'm not sure what you can do because you are likely to get the same reaction you are getting here. If a prospective buyer did come and ask, I would certainly mention it and let them do what they liked with the information.

I was in the yard when a couple came to look at the house for sale next door and they came over and asked me about the property. I told them about our shared drainage issues and showed them how previous owners had attempted to ameliorate them.

The noise might not bother everyone. Who knows. I guess I wouldn't make a point to mention it unless asked but I don't think the OP is a busybody
Pls refer to OP's post #52. Apparent he has taken hours of video of the leaf blowing. You wouldn't call THAT being a busybody?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 01:11 PM

10,105 posts, read 19,338,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
To answer someone else's question, there is a section on disclosure forms I am aware of that asks if there are any other material facts of which you are aware.

You have to disclose everything you know.

So how do they know what you know? If you run around making written complaints to HOA, police, .....etc, you won't get any satisfaction for your part, and have documented, in writing, that you "know". Best to keep it to yourself....

Old 11-17-2019, 02:21 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,654,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Pls refer to OP's post #52. Apparent he has taken hours of video of the leaf blowing. You wouldn't call THAT being a busybody?

I didn't read it that way.

I think the OP finds the noise disturbing. He/she wants validation. Honestly, if I remember right, I think I could adapt to a half hour once a day. My neighbor uses his over his whole yard sometimes several times a week. I once timed it and it was 4+ hours. Not always but when he starts it up I am not happy. I close up my house and turn on the music but I moved here for the peace and quiet so I resent it.

I dislike the noise very much so I get it. and I would not be happy to be awoke in my new house every morning.

Old 11-17-2019, 03:25 PM

2,482 posts, read 1,854,846 times
Just out of pure curiosity.....do you have something going on with this neighbor, too (as well as the neighbor who "assaulted" you)? It sounds like you're trying to sabotage the sale of his house.

Old 11-17-2019, 03:39 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,794,529 times
Quote:

I think the OP finds the noise disturbing. He/she wants validation. Honestly, if I remember right, I think I could adapt to a half hour once a day. My neighbor uses his over his whole yard sometimes several times a week. I once timed it and it was 4+ hours. Not always but when he starts it up I am not happy. I close up my house and turn on the music but I moved here for the peace and quiet so I resent it.

I dislike the noise very much so I get it. and I would not be happy to be awoke in my new house every morning.
No he doesn't, he's stated several times that he doesn't even live in that part of the subdivision. He doesn't hear it at all. He just feels the need to be all up in the whole neighborhood's business.

Old 11-17-2019, 03:40 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,712,949 times
Quote:

The OP doesn't even live near the business where the leaf blower is used.

She's just aware of the potential issue and wants to insert herself into a situation she's imagined, that of potential buyers not knowing about the noise.

Old 11-17-2019, 03:42 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,794,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
Just out of pure curiosity.....do you have something going on with this neighbor, too (as well as the neighbor who "assaulted" you)? It sounds like you're trying to sabotage the sale of his house.
That was my feeling, too. This neighbor is on the other side of the neighborhood, where the OP doesn't even hear the leaf blower that supposedly runs 365 days a week. I guess the OP got a copy of the disclosures from this person? Otherwise, how would he know whether or not the noise was disclosed on the paperwork. Plus, in a well insulated house, it's difficult to hear a leaf blower from the back side of the house unless the windows are open.

Old 11-17-2019, 03:53 PM

23,930 posts, read 32,254,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happs View Post
I'm surprised that most serious prospective buyers don't knock on neighbor's doors (especially their next door neighbors) and ask them about the neighborhood. I know neighbors can change, but if you don't get a good first impression about your future neighbor from a 10 minute conversation, then why purchase the house, since that neighbor might be living there for decades.
Talk about some flawed methodology...

!, If they like you, and want you to move there, they will say good things.

2, If they do not like you, they will tell you it was terrible.

As for myself, and for many others, if some crank disturbed me on a peaceful Sunday afternoon to illicit gossip about my neighbors and area, I would automatically say something like "it's just not your kind of neighborhood. Look elsewhere" or depending on my mood, "you really wouldn't fit in here".

People like that are busy bodies, and in my neighborhood, people keep to themselves. I would be telling the truth.

ETA - you would not get a ten minute conversation. You would get a sentence. Followed by "I really have to get back to wan I was doing". Followed by a shut door.

Old 11-17-2019, 04:09 PM

2,159 posts, read 1,654,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
The OP doesn't even live near the business where the leaf blower is used.

She's just aware of the potential issue and wants to insert herself into a situation she's imagined, that of potential buyers not knowing about the noise.

okay.

Old 11-18-2019, 01:08 AM

1,315 posts, read 3,216,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post

Having nothing going on with and have no feelings for or against the neighbor trying to sell house next to parking lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate