Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2008, 11:37 AM

2 posts, read 7,474 times

Advertisements

I recently signed a contract to buy a kb home and they were offering to pay 3% of the closing cost and now there offering up to 5% of the closing cost. I was wondering if any body knew how I could get them to pay 5% even though they havent started building the home yet. The sales agent said they couldnt change it.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 11:45 AM

299 posts, read 1,016,578 times
I'm going through the same thing with Lennar. I just waited till I was fully qualified for financing, and then told them I was going to walk if they didn't offer me the difference. I had gone to ryland and spoken to them about a similar sized house in the same area and they were even willing to refund me the deposit I would have lost from walking on the contract with Lennar. Most builders in this environment would rather give you the money than lose someone they know is qualified and will close. But, you have to be prepared to really walk. They have the option of saying no, and then you could be stuck either telling them you were kidding about wanting to break the contract, or you'll have to find another house.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:41 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,734,008 times
Your first mistake was to buy from KB Homes as they sell a crap product. Is 2% of your closing costs more than your earnest money? If so tell them you want to cancel your contract and write a new one, or better yet cancel it and don't write a new one since as stated, KB sells a crappy product.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:10 PM

637 posts, read 3,236,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
Your first mistake was to buy from KB Homes as they sell a crap product. Is 2% of your closing costs more than your earnest money? If so tell them you want to cancel your contract and write a new one, or better yet cancel it and don't write a new one since as stated, KB sells a crappy product.
Have to agree with this...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate