Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 06:07 PM

29,445 posts, read 14,631,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
People want walkable, but far enough away that they’re not on top of it. Although that can certainly be unrealistic.

I do think it wouldn’t hurt to say “walkable to restaurants” or something in the description though. I see OP’s listing is described as “very private,” which could be a stretch IMO.

Without knowing the area and just looking at Zillow quickly (and realizing it may not be accurate), I see 2 for sale pretty close by, 1 for $143k and 1 for $147k. The $143 one is dated, but is 160 more square feet. The $147k one doesn’t look bad though. They’re both about 3 houses down from the commercial stuff. I’m not sure I’m seeing much that would make OP’s house worth $11k-$15 more (and doesn’t look like those are even selling either).

Looking at one of the most recent solds, I see one just closed a couple weeks ago for $166k. Looks like a flip so who knows the quality, but it looks pretty nice (nicer than OP’s IMO). It also has a second bathroom, is not near the commercial stuff and is a couple houses down from the park. So, just spitballing here as I’m not an agent but I’m not sure if I’d expect OP’s to sell for much more than 10% less than that which would be right around $150k.

Certainly wait to see if your showings and such pick up, but if not a price drop to $150k would probably be a good start (~5% less than current list of $158k).
Yeah, if we don't see much more activity in the next week or two we figured a price reduction is due, and that number is what we figured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 11:46 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,833,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I live here. I know there is no food type garbage in there. It matters little to me what you think. Either way, it is what it is. There isn't anything i can do about it.

Whatever assurances you received about the dumpster corral being a CO2 storage area or whatever was claimed do you deny that a dumpster can be seen inside on the Google tour? If the powers that be assured me there would be no garbage there, I'd be knocking on their doors to find out why a dumpster is inside.

If my opinion doesn't matter to you will a prospective buyer's; are you sure I'm not one of them? They can all see what I saw.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Whatever assurances you received about the dumpster corral being a CO2 storage area or whatever was claimed do you deny that a dumpster can be seen inside on the Google tour? If the powers that be assured me there would be no garbage there, I'd be knocking on their doors to find out why a dumpster is inside.

If my opinion doesn't matter to you will a prospective buyer's; are you sure I'm not one of them? They can all see what I saw.
Not sure why you feel the need to argue with me on this. It's okay to be wrong. Yes , there is a dumpster in there, like i stated before, though , there is no food type garbage in it. It is a recycling staging area. Cardboard, Co2 and kegs.

And if you are a potential buyer, move on. It's obvious what you've seen is an issue for you. It might or might not be an issue for others, that is their choice and they can find another house. It is not something that I can control , so I really am not putting much thought on it.

Old 01-13-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Not sure why you feel the need to argue with me on this. It's okay to be wrong. Yes , there is a dumpster in there, like i stated before, though , there is no food type garbage in it. It is a recycling staging area. Cardboard, Co2 and kegs.

And if you are a potential buyer, move on. It's obvious what you've seen is an issue for you. It might or might not be an issue for others, that is their choice and they can find another house. It is not something that I can control , so I really am not putting much thought on it.
You asked about pricing for a house bordering commercial property and lamented your lack of showings. I provided a reason that may be occurring which has you defending the situation rather than acknowledging that which exists. Whether or not the dumpster that is fifteen feet from the house contains food or cardboard is not significant to a potential buyer, these thing change easily.

If you choose not to think about what you asked for, why bother to ask at all?

Old 01-13-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
You asked about pricing for a house bordering commercial property and lamented your lack of showings. I provided a reason that may be occurring which has you defending the situation rather than acknowledging that which exists. Whether or not the dumpster that is fifteen feet from the house contains food or cardboard is not significant to a potential buyer, these thing change easily.

If you choose not to think about what you asked for, why bother to ask at all?
What does dwelling on a feature that can not be changed help with the situation ? There is no defending it, it is what it is. It's there, it's not going away.
I didn't ask the reasons why, i live here, i know the positives and negatives.

Old 01-13-2020, 06:44 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
What does dwelling on a feature that can not be changed help with the situation ? There is no defending it, it is what it is. It's there, it's not going away.
The dumpster area itself doesn't even have to be a problem for a buyer who never goes out in the backyard.

It sounds like you have a good handle on the overall situation, which is to compensate for the location with the price. Fortunately, like we said, the street you actually travel to get to the house looks nice, so as long as what's around you hasn't been a safety issue while you've lived there, it can be dealt with.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:26 PM

2,194 posts, read 1,138,312 times
Do you have to sell? I'd have been all over wanting to rent that place when I was in my 20s.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:38 PM

Quote:
It's at least refreshing that after two days you finally agreed that there is, indeed, a dumpster adjacent to your property. Good luck.

Old 01-14-2020, 05:48 AM

Quote:
It's at least refreshing that after two days you finally agreed that there is, indeed, a dumpster adjacent to your property. Good luck.
Back at it again huh ? Thank you , you've been so helpful. For what, exactly...I don't know.

Old 01-14-2020, 07:22 AM

3,053 posts, read 2,030,049 times
I sold a property like yours within weeks of the county rezoning my neighbors property to "future commercial" for exactly the reasons stated, potential dumpster on the property line, etc. Yes people want "walkable" neighborhoods but not next door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate