Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 06:28 PM

2,140 posts, read 361,917 times

Advertisements

I’ve scanned the thread and it looks like a lot of good useful advice and links have been provided.

That said, I would want to think about getting lawfully creative at this point (if this situation is as described, that is, of course). If there is a video or photos, I missed them.

It just doesn’t seem realistic that this is as bad as described yet wasn’t resolved long ago.

I vote for a photo or YouTube link.

Even the best neighbors can be a pain. : ) My neighbors are great, cheerful and friendly - they’re only here November to May so they’re basically perfect.

Have you tried knocking on your neighbors door to say hello? Ask them if they’re safe. If nothing else, then be stunned for a while trying to figure you out.

How many other neighbors do you have? Apologies if I didn’t see that info.

Is everyone on the street upset?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 06:29 PM

You’ve surely gotten the tag numbers on all those vans, of course.

Of course.

Old 01-12-2020, 06:37 PM

I don’t think there was much “allowing in” going on... A lot of theft and genocide though. A lot of that.

Old 01-12-2020, 06:44 PM

1,185 posts, read 750,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
No. I'm pretty sure it's all the big vans and their exhaust fumes.
In a state with 28 million vehicles and 30% of its land mass dedicated to mass production farming, your Hispanic neighbors are not the cause.

I sincerely hope you find yourself in their shoes one day and feel the judgment of people just like you.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:06 PM

C’mon, Miss Pip... give it up.

So...
Your neighbor came to you...
Be cause HE wants to make a complaint...
about ANOTHER neighbor
who rents a house...

if the house is rented out, the neighbor (oops!) landlord
isn’t a neighbor as he doesn’t on your street

Right?

Right?

Who rents this house...
to a HUGE family who can each afford their own vehicles...
Vans, no less!
Bet they’re all white vans with no back windows, hahah
They’re all vans - not minivans...
illegally” parked...

Ding! Ding! Ding!

So what do YOU do?
YOU... decide the best way to deal with this matter down the street that a guy came to you about because...
You have special insight?

NO!

You don’t! Because your next move is...
to make the logical choice of coming HERE...
to create a thread

... and you do so before thinking of Google
which is right on the device you typed this post out on
or making a local phone call...

And you claim to know nothing about the laws in your state?

Utter nonsense.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:09 PM

Go crack open another wine box, fill your glass, and realize you got caught spinning false, harmful nonsense.

If you were so lucky as to have a huge Hispanic family, you ought to be overjoyed. Man, would I love to have them next to me.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:16 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,323,543 times
Quote:
Yes "those people" are immigrants. Multiple families, too many kids (I don't understand why) under one roof. I wish they'd live somewhere further out that is cheaper with bigger housing.

Thanks, will pass on to my neighbor.
Don’t want to sound “snobby” or uncouth- I understand that 80% of the population of the world are not making it too well under the economic system compare to the US.

The immigrants are bringing their culture, traditions, tolerances to us- it is like stepping backwards- where long-long time ago it was a routine in some low income households to have 2-3 kids in one bed.

Everyday life and acceptable standards of living are very different. They could be just happy to have running water...and the place without rodents..
It is life as usual for your neighbors renters. There are more than 7 billion people on the planet and growing..

Pretty sure there is only one family on the lease, the rest are extended family in order to save money.

Would be interested to compare notes on how people feel about immigration after they see it in their neighborhood 20 to a house, but that would be in a different forum.

Your best bet - check fire safety and occupancy limits - you could call a Fire Marshall and inquire.
Next is the violation of the lease with the land lord
Your biggest difficulty could be proving that they are not just visiting but actually living there...document....document.. document
Check you town parking ordinance- you may get some ideas, perhaps if they don’t move vehicles ( broken, etc)

Last edited by Nik4me; 01-12-2020 at 07:40 PM..

Old 01-12-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chingaso View Post
In a state with 28 million vehicles and 30% of its land mass dedicated to mass production farming, your Hispanic neighbors are not the cause.

I sincerely hope you find yourself in their shoes one day and feel the judgment of people just like you.
Folks like this can’t think past their hate.

I *wish* I had a big decent family like this near me.

Why make something like this up?

Funny - She says they’re all bunched in one house - but they all have “vans”.

It’s not even slightly furtive.

I hate hate.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Don’t want to sound “snobby” or uncouth- I understand that 80% of the population of the world are not making it too well under the economic system compare to the US.

The immigrants are bringing their culture, traditions, tolerances to us- it is like stepping backwards- where long-long time ago it was a routine in some low income households to have 2-3 kids in one bed.

Everyday life and acceptable standards of living are very different. They could be just happy to have running water...and the place without rodents..
It is life as usual for your neighbors renters. There are more than 7 billion people on the planet and growing..

Pretty sure there is only one family on the lease, the rest are extended family in order to save money.

Would be interested to compare notes on how people feel about immigration after they see it in their neighborhood 20 to a house, but that would be in a different forum.

We do have a housing crisis - but this post was made up.

Pip and Co have scurried off.

Old 01-12-2020, 07:27 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,323,543 times
Quote:
Yes "those people" are immigrants. Multiple families, too many kids (I don't understand why) under one roof. I wish they'd live somewhere further out that is cheaper with bigger housing.

Thanks, will pass on to my neighbor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontaskwhy View Post
Sorry, but that sounds a little racist I was being sarcastic with my prior post.

In the 1800's and early 1900's, many people felt the same about Italians, Chinese, Irish and other ethnic families coming to this country and amazingly that same mentality is still alive today.
It is easy for YOU to be self-righteous and oh, so PC- try to live in that neighborhood yourself and not being able to park, seeing a mess, hearing a noise of people coming and going etc while paying high property taxes for the privilege...

The OP and the rest of us don’t care which country, the skin color or the income status the renters are- what happened with the idea - that you suppose to fit in in a new society?
Why would they try to leave something behind- their country, their people, their misfortunes, but yet bringing it all with them here and causing inconvenience, discomfort, nuisance to their neighbors in the country which took them in?

Last edited by Nik4me; 01-12-2020 at 08:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate