Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 11:02 PM

192 posts, read 133,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVLNATIVE View Post
We're all lawyers (the seller and I)..
Therein lies the problem. What should’ve been the simplest buy/sell agreements I’ve ever done, became the most complicated when I’ve had lawyers on both ends!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 01:56 AM

654 posts, read 364,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yet you're still here arguing points that don't need to be argued.

There is no "update" on an issue that is closed. There's only the OP omitting info.

This makes no sense.

Your OP is clearly written to indicate that all of this was over and settled at the time of posting. You made it sound like the closing had happened and said nothing about the seller delaying it.

So which part of this thread is actually true?

Are you back from staying with your parents now??
Oh, man. You figured it all out. I spend my time posting falsehoods online. Glad that I have so much free time and nothing better to do.

Old 04-30-2020, 05:34 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,241,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
This is spring, so it might have been cool enough that AC isn’t really needed and it is not that hard for the AC to do its job on inspection, but much hotter on the walkthrough day. It is one thing to work at 65 degrees and anther thing to work at 85 or 90. A lot of times they die or have issues the first time it gets hot.
Or if it’s below freezing outside during the inspection period the AC CANNOT be tested. I had this during a buyer’s inspection in late January in NY when selling. The snowdrift didn’t help either

Old 04-30-2020, 05:35 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,241,937 times
Quote:
Oh, man. You figured it all out. I spend my time posting falsehoods online. Glad that I have so much free time and nothing better to do.
FWIW I think you have been “less unreasonable” than many situations I’ve personally seen. Best thing now is to mentally move on and enjoy your new condo.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:04 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
How does a non-functioning central AC not get discovered during the inspection?
That's the way it is when things break. One day they work, then on a subsequent day they don't. It doesn't seem like a hard concept to understand.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:53 AM

Thanks, everyone.

Again: I see that a lot of people think I'm in the wrong and that the seller was in the right.

I will accept that, and I will acknowledge that I'm not necessarily "right" in the move-in situation. I'm angry about it, but I will take the views above and accept them--that my side of this is just one side, and that there are grounds for the seller to be ticked at me as well.

(However, for the seller to threaten to destroy my property unless I closed by a certain deadline is improper, and surely people will recognize that making that kind of threat is unacceptable. Particularly when I wanted to close well in advance of that deadline and was delayed by the seller.)

Old 04-30-2020, 07:15 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
The seller doesn't know that.

You were attempting to change the terms of the contract AFTER the walk-through. When they agreed to schedule the walk-through is irrelevant. They don't know that you wouldn't have walked away if maintenance for some reason couldn't make the repairs on time.

You are only seeing your side, and you're not in the right here. And you're livid … again.
This poster is always livid.

Which is obvious to many, remember everyone is using him.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:39 AM

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new home! The people who work in the building are wonderful; the building seems very well-run; and it's beautiful!

So despite the painful process of buying, at the end, it's worth it!

Old 04-30-2020, 09:43 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
So clarify how something that was apparently settled, since you wrote everything in past tense here:

Quote:

I ended up doing the walk-through on the morning of the closing and found a few issues. I raised them to the seller (through my broker).

The movers came and were ready to move things into the condo. But the seller got the building staff to ban them from entering until I dropped all requests from the walk-in. The movers had to wait outside for an hour in the cold, and I missed important time at work.

Once I withdrew all requests from the walk-through, the seller then called to let the movers come in.

... suddenly transformed into something you were in the middle of when you started this thread.

I mean, I'm bad about bulldogging a point, and I own that. But if you want to rally people to your side, you don't present info in a confusing way and then move the goalposts in the middle of things.

Your posting history indicates that you have a problem with grudges, and that's what you need to focus on.

You said you've moved in, and everything is working, correct? So why is this still burdening your heart and mind?? LET IT GO.

Are you still at your parents'? How long ago did this closing and move take place?

Old 04-30-2020, 09:44 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,021,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
That's the way it is when things break. One day they work, then on a subsequent day they don't. It doesn't seem like a hard concept to understand.
I understand that, I just question the notion that the final walkthrough is some sort of 'Inspection II.'

Now if a walkthrough revealed some underhanded stuff...like things that were jerry-rigged to pass inspection but are now back to their non-jerry-rigged state...

I wonder if there was a warranty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate